2012 Andam Fashion Awards

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
i decided to make this a general thread so when the winners are announced we can just post it here.

ANDAM’s 24-judge panel announced the six finalists for this year’s Fashion Award. On the list: Thomas Tait (who also took home the prestigious Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize in 2010 ); up-and-comer Julien David; Calla Haynes (who has been nominated for the ANDAM before); designer-slash-street-style-star Vika Gazinskaya; Cedric Charlier; and Nicolas Andreas Taralis. The judges, a group that includes Style.com’s executive editor Nicole Phelps, Humberto Leon, Emmanuelle Alt, The Daily Telegraph fashion editor Lisa Armstrong, and Virginie Mouzat, will meet in July with the finalists to select the winner. The prize, which has previously gone to the likes of Hakaan Yildirim, Giles Deacon, and last year, Anthony Vaccarello, is a total of €600,000, €10,000 worth of Swarovski crystals to use for their Spring 2013 collection, mentorship from LVMH CEO Pierre-Yves Roussel, and support from the Hudson’s Bay Company to buy the Spring 2013 collection. Stay tuned for the winner, to be announced this summer. All six of them, however, will have a space on www.thecorner.com in September to showcase and sell their collections. Pictured, a look from Tait’s Fall 2012 collection.

*style.com

i did a bit of research and the only ones that really stick out for me is calla haynes and nicolas,we know of already. overall,i'm a little disappointed with the lack of depth and really lack of true innovation. this was an award that was bestowed to the likes of designers like jean colonna,viktor & rolf,marc le bihan,bless,lutz,gaspard yurkievich,alexandre matthieu,bernhard willhelm a decade and more ago.....and it's first-ever winner in 1989 was martin margiela. i feel like the standards have sort of lessened in recent years.....the nominees are not as exciting and not as inspiring as they used to be.....they look too commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->