A Magazine #15 : Curated by Thom Browne

mistress_f

Hell on Heels
Reaction score
Cover

black-foiled A on linen paper with the signature Thom Browne grosgrain bookmark.

Thom Browne Guest-edits A Magazine

BE MY GUEST: American designer Thom Browne is the latest fashion figure to guest edit A Magazine, a fashion title based in Paris and printed in Belgium. Haider Ackermann, Riccardo Tisci, Stephen Jones, Iris Van Herpen and most recently Delfina Delettrez have also done the honors.

“Death and Mourning in Black and White” is the theme of the magazine, dovetailing from the designer’s fall 2015 show season. His men’s show had a funeral procession, while his women’s show was “inspired by the romantic idea of mourning” as he told WWD. The magazine has been printed in black and white — with a red, white and blue grosgrain ribbon serving as a bookmark, echoing Brown’s signature logo.

Browne has tapped contributors including Baz Luhrmann, Martha Stewart, Rick Owens and Hans-Ulrich Obrist. Luhrmann and his costume designer wife Catherine Martin made an illustration; Stewart created recipes — a menu for her own funeral wake — and had them shot at her upstate New York farmhouse; Owens and spouse Michele Lamy detail plans for the tomb that they will construct for the afterlife together; Obrist wrote a text where he links his Instagram project, “The Art of Handwriting,” to extinction and mourning and included notes from the likes of Björk, Yoko Ono, Patti Smith and David Lynch.

Meanwhile, Andrew Bolton, curator at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute and Browne’s boyfriend, chose to include 19th-century lithographs by Robert Dighton as well as the “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death” by the Italian philosopher Giacomo Leopardi.

The issue will be released during Paris Fashion Week with a cocktail event on March 6. It will roll out to a select distribution in 30 countries, including at Colette and OFR Bookshop in Paris and Opening Ceremony, and the Museum of Modern Arts in New York as well as Selfridges in London and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. The issue features about 200 pages, with advertisers including Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co. and Valentino.

wwd.com - facebook.com/amagazinecuratedby/ - colette.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
previews:

'La Méfiance d'Etre' Guinevere Van Seenus by Pamela Berkovic & Yana Kamps

Uncredited:

From Hans-Ulrich Obrist's handwriting feature:

instagram.com/thombrowneny - facebook.com/amagazinecuratedby/

I need to see more to decide if I'm going to get it or not. I do adore the cover.

previews:

'La Méfiance d'Etre' Guinevere Van Seenus by Pamela Berkovic & Yana Kamps

instagram.com/thombrowneny - facebook.com/amagazinecuratedby/

If it has Guinevere, I am so there! This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Those landscape photographs are absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see the rest of the content!

Wow, can't wait to see more. Is that Rick Owens?

Wow, can't wait to see more. Is that Rick Owens?

yeah it is, he contributed to the issue, according to the description
"wens and spouse Michele Lamy detail plans for the tomb that they will construct for the afterlife together"

We are so droee has Guinevere's editorial, it is really beautiful. Mostly due to Guinevere's outstanding modelling, she's in a league of her own.

Model: Meghan Collison, Guinevere van Seenus
Photographer: Pamela Berkovic
Fashion Editor: Yana Kamps
Hair: Claudio Belizario
Make-up: Cedric Jolivet

wearesodroee

yeah it is, he contributed to the issue, according to the description
"wens and spouse Michele Lamy detail plans for the tomb that they will construct for the afterlife together"
sighs.. head deep inside their.. yeah.. there's probably more depth in how the twins at Dsquared plan to die.

I still look forward to the day A gets back in form. Nothing against Thom Browne but it's been many years since their choices and the actual results feel so trendy and contrived.. when it used to be the opposite.

eta* it all went downhill after issue 8 (Tisci), no?. It should've folded then. Now even the emphasis on models is sad to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much model potential but the theme ruins it. I'm so tired of the religious/catholic non-orthodox approach. Nuns, Jesus, funerals, satanic, whatever. :rolleyes:

^^^Ordering from colette's would be easier, I think:http://en.colette.fr/catalog/product/view/id/491008/s/magazine-a-magazine-curated-by-thom-browne-ipskiothombr-1/category/12966/

sighs.. head deep inside their.. yeah.. there's probably more depth in how the twins at Dsquared plan to die.

I still look forward to the day A gets back in form. Nothing against Thom Browne but it's been many years since their choices and the actual results feel so trendy and contrived.. when it used to be the opposite.

eta* it all went downhill after issue 8 (Tisci), no?. It should've folded then. Now even the emphasis on models is sad to look at.

Have you seen the movie The Witch, Mullet? I only asked because I actually thought of you when I was watching this film… Not because you in any way remind me of a witch LOL Just that your posts would have you immediately lead to the stake during that Neanderdal period in the good ‘ol USA.

Anyway, I genuinely really would like this publication if they didn’t take their concepts so solemnly. I’m amazed they’re able to get any work done with the amount of self-absorbed importance that must permeate through their meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->