ALEF MAG: Fashion Bibles all Unite!

leyla m.

Reaction score
This magazine has all the potential to become one of the most luxurious fashion magazines filled with editorials, photoshoots, articles, etc from some of the most renowned fashion bibles (as in actual people who ARE bibles) in this industry. it will be sold internationally:heart: and to launch this fall! i personally cant wait to see it, looks and sounds very promising...

following articles are from their site alefmag.com but originally from WWD and The Telegraph

Attachments

• alef.jpg
    alef.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 37
  • alef1.jpg
    alef1.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
sheesh...this guy must be seriously powerful and LOADED to lure the names he's got lined up...

edit-i just read the next article..
son of kuwait's ruling family??...yep- i'd say that was pretty powerful and pretty loaded....
:innocent:...

thanks leyla...very interesting...
wonder if it will be available in the states...
it says europe...but not america i think...:ermm:...

i am going to see him beg. september and will ask him :smile:

actually he is one of these "fashion bibles" he is without a joke best friends with ALL the designers.
he's front row material at every single show and they all run to him so when they heard of his mag, they all of course wanted to feature in it...we are also already in it :ninja:

should be exiting :shifty:

Thanks Leyla! I wonder if I can get my hands on it here in Canada. It looks extremely interesting and I'm curious and excited to see how they will mix east and west in the magazine :smile:

the BIG QUESTION is who is ART directing??...

cause that will determine the look of the mag...
is HE doing that?...
is he that involved or is he just funding the project and putting it together?...

Oh, it's the Villa Moda guy...I've always wanted to visit that store.

Thanks for posting this Leyla! It will be really cool to see an international fashion magazine with an emphasis on the Middle East - can't wait to see it.

btw this may be a little off-topic, but I heard that Al Ostoura (another Kuwaiti retailer) started a magazine too...can anyone tell me anything about it...? I've been curious to see it, but it's probably only published in Arabic...

droogist,

al ostoura is no good.. she has a few stores and one in particular that she sells to the media (she stocks lanvin, comme, balenciaga in there) but her magazine is not a real magazine... it is as Majed of Villa Moda said "cut and paste from western magazines".... no articles, no editorials...
basically in the middle east the best one got so far was getting images (not even buying them) from a website pasting them into a page with some writing about that designer... of course all in arabic :(

ALEF MAG is on a complete different level. plus Majed doesnt like al ostoura and partnered with us so al ostoura is out :wink: of the picture (it doesnt sell abroad)

^ Thanks for that, Leyla. Shame about the Al Ostoura magazine - I've met her before (she's nice ^_^), so I was pretty curious about it. But at least now I know I'm not missing anything.

we finally didnt make it into the firt issue but ive seen the mag and its very promising.
it should be available to all our tFS members around the world whether in NYC or Dubai...
whoever bought a copy let us know what you think :smile:

cool thanks for the update leyla

reviving ......

has anybody ever buy this magazine ?
i would like to see how it is inside ....
current issue analyse or past issue ....
i'm taking anything ....

^I remember reading an article in the business of magazines thread about Alef, it was something about a redesign or something due to the economic crisis.

edit: here it is:

It's funny reading that first post again. I remember reading it in 2006. I had high expectations. Too bad it bombed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->