Alexander Mcqueen For Amex

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From The Daily
Never Leave Home Without It
Alexander McQueen designs the next AMEX Centurion card

Monday, April 12, 2004

American Express is celebrating five years of its Centurion card (aka the Black Card) and to toast the occasion, the company has enlisted Alexander McQueen to design a limited edition Centurion card.  The card is only available by invitation to selected Platinum card members (carriers include P. Diddy, Tiger Woods, and Jerry Seinfeld) and perks include: unlimited credit, a personal concierge service available 24 hours a day, and access to the most exclusive events, restaurants, and goods.  Rumor has it you have to spend a minimum of $150,000 a year on your Platinum card to even be considered.

As part of the festivities, McQueen will host a black-themed catwalk show, a “Black Art” exhibition, and a preview of the limited edition Centurion card on June 3 in London. The runway show will not only present highlights from McQueen’s previous seasons but will also celebrate McQueen’s showing in London for the first time in three years.

McQueen has also enlisted a number of local London artists and musicians to create pieces for a silent auction.  The proceeds will benefit the London-based HIV charity Lighthouse.

Anyone here spend a minimum of $150,000 a year on your Platinum card? :innocent:

As part of the festivities, McQueen will host a black-themed catwalk show, a “Black Art” exhibition, and a preview of the limited edition Centurion card on June 3 in London. The runway show will not only present highlights from McQueen’s previous seasons but will also celebrate McQueen’s showing in London for the first time in three years.

McQueen has also enlisted a number of local London artists and musicians to create pieces for a silent auction.  The proceeds will benefit the London-based HIV charity Lighthouse.

sounds fun :flower:

Lee has already colaborated with AmEx ... they've been working together all the way back to '97.
I'm happy for him!
(You can see an old article of American Express + McQueen here

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Apr 13th, 2004 - 12:16 am
Anyone here spend a minimum of $150,000 a year on your Platinum card? :innocent:
it's funny...in one divorce case i was involved in, the wife took her card (her hubby's but her name was on it) and was using it to buy things like yachts and cars and everything...so it's really not that hard to spend that in a year considering everything and everwhere american express is accepted.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:00 pm
...so it's really not that hard to spend that in a year considering everything and everwhere american express is accepted.
I guess not, but then again the amount you can spend all depends on your "class," and/or how much income you bring in :smile:

...unless you enjoy being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt :wink:

Who wouldn't want that black AMEX card. Only wish I had more money!

Originally posted by brian@Apr 14th, 2004 - 2:01 pm
most amex cards don't allow you to carry any type of balance month-to-month...it's not a true credit card in that sense...the client is expected to pay off the balance each month generally.

I don't think Im going somewhere saying this, but my best friend has a black American Express... I think she would love to have a McQueen version :innocent:

Black: The Hottest Invitation in London This Summer

May 19, 2004 - Paris

Looks like you are going to be a real nobody in the world of fashion if you do not get an invite for the Black event, orchestrated by Alexander McQueen in London this June.

Elton John, Kate Moss, Tim Burton, Sam Taylor Wood, Manolo Blahnik, David Bailey, Madonna, Vivienne Westwood, Vanessa Redgrave and Norman Foster have all agreed to create unique black inspired works of art for the bash, scheduled for June 3rd.

Christie's will auction off the art exhibits that evening with all proceeds being donated to Lighthouse services, a charity that provides care and support to people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS.

American Express is underwriting the event to celebrate the fifth anniversary of its Black card, whose holders must spend $1 million a year with the plastic.

The evening will mark the return of McQueen, the long-term partner of American Express, to the catwalk in London after a hiatus of three years. His dramatic Black themed show will re-visit previous seasons show highlights and showcase new pieces created specifically for the night.

To mark the fifth year anniversary of Centurion, McQueen has designed a special limited edition black Centurion Card.

Other creative sources that have pledged to create art for the event are David Bailey, Huntsman, Jade Jagger, Mac Cosmetics, Marc Jacobs, Nick Knight, Nike, Phillip Treacy, Rei Kawakubo, Richard Gray, Sam Taylor Wood, Steven Klein, Vanessa Beecroft, Vanessa Redgrave and Yohji Yamamoto.

Like we said one hot ticket.

FWD

i'm sorry...kate moss and madonna are going to create works of art?...that should be entertaining... :woot:

jade jagger and kate moss at the same event.......i smell b*tch FIGHT already :shifty:

i need to go to this party.....i wish i knew a black card holder

Originally posted by mikeijames+Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:45 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeijames @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:45 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@Apr 14th, 2004 - 2:01 pm
most amex cards don't allow you to carry any type of balance month-to-month...it's not a true credit card in that sense...the client is expected to pay off the balance each month generally. [/b][/quote]
true!
i almost forgot about that.
my father has amex ;D

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen Alexander Mcqueen

BjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjorkBjork:woot: :woot: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->