An Illustrator Grows Beyond The Page

Plumour

Reaction score
from Style.com :flower:

jeffery who?
Oh, please! Insiders have long been fans of Fulvimari's delicate, irresistible drawings of pretty young girls, inspired by everyone from Charles Schulz to Peter Max to Andy Warhol.

and his big break was?
When the Material Mom tapped him to do the drawings for her kids' book The English Roses. "Madonna knew exactly what she wanted, which didn't surprise me in the least," says the Woodstock, N.Y.-based artist.

don't hate him because...
He is extremely easy on the eyes. As well as collaborating with the likes of Marc Jacobs, Tori Amos, and MoMA, he's been a Calvin Klein spokesman and starred alongside Kate Moss in a Zoe Cassavetes film for Anna Sui.

grammy winner?
Yes, but not for singing. ("I can't!" he protests.) He landed the 1994 award for the album design of The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Book. Oh yeah, and he titled his second monograph Greatest Hits.

brand alert!
Not content to fend off the growing demand for his drawing work, Fulvimari is launching Bobbypin, a "populist" (read: affordable) line of products from shoes to stationery, all ornamented with upbeat sayings and winsome ingénues.

I have cash to burn
Well then, perhaps you should get on the list for one of J.F.'s limited-edition scarves for Louis Vuitton; they hit stores in August.

mission statement
If he had a family crest, it would read: "Nice girls finish first."
—Laird Borrelli

For more information about Jeffrey Fulvimari and his artwork, visit www.jeffreyfulvimari.com.

The English Roses
"It all had to be kept a secret, sometimes right under the noses of my friends," Fulvimari says of his collaboration with Madonna on her first children's book, The English Roses.
The English Roses, published by Callaway, $19.95, available at www.barnesandnoble.com.

02f.jpg

Pucci Mannequins
One of Fulvimari's many collaborations was with art-oriented mannequin maker Ralph Pucci on a line of whimsical men and women with hand-painted features

03f.jpg

Charles Schulz
Considering his personal motto is "nice girls finish first," it's no surprise that Fulvimari sees the gently witty Charles Schulz as a major influence.

04f.jpg

:heart:
Plaid Isn't Bad
Growing up, Fulvimari was both confused and intrigued by his sisters' many accoutrements. He named his new product range Bobbypin because, he says, they're "really useful—you can put them in your hair, use them to clean your teeth, pick a lock..."
Plaid Isn't Bad change purse, from a selection of wallets and bags, $12.99 to $29.99, available this summer at Kohl's and Mervyn's.

06f.jpg

:woot:
Belinda Invented Punk... or at Least She Thinks She Did
Punk gets the Fulvimari treatment, in the form of an orange shoe, with lyrics.
Footwear and flip-flops, $45 to $80, available this summer at Otto Tootsi Plohound, NYC, and other stores.

05f.jpg

I think I've seen the green one in yellow, very cute :wink:

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Absolutely Gorgeous, Midnight Sun and Collage Flip-Flops
How to develop a foot fetish fast? Exposure to Fulvimari's large range of delectable flip-flops.
Footwear and flip-flops, $45 to $80, available this summer at Otto Tootsi Plohound, NYC, and other stores.

08f.jpg

Anna Sui
Longtime friends, Fulvimari and Sui are also each other's biggest fans. They've made their partnership public with collaborative designs. "When I started adding T-shirts to my collections," Sui says, "the style of Jeffrey's designs became signature for me."

09f.jpg

Greatest Hits
The second monograph of his work, Greatest Hits, features a range of Fulvimari's work, from drawings, to photos, to poems.

10f.jpg

Louis Vuitton
On your mark, get set... Fulvimari has designed two destined-to-be-collectible scarves for Louis Vuitton. One depicts the fall 2004 accessories line (hitting stores later this summer); the other features the LV jewelry line, left, (in stores in September).

Louis Vuitton silk print scarf, $210, available at select Louis Vuitton stores.

11f.jpg

You Are Not a Robot
A message perhaps influenced by his Woodstock, N.Y., neighborhood? Fulvimari's drawings often mix positive reinforcement and Pop colors.

12f.jpg

:woot: simply :heart: adorable,
thanks for posting missP :flower:

it's all a little incestuous isn't it...sui ...jacobs...all in the family i guess...

i really like the little sayings...a man after my own heart...

"You Are Not A Robot".......... :lol: :heart:

I like the 'youa re nto a robot" :P

however i find the stuff abit played out and hped at this point, i ahve seen better i hve seen worse

that's for posting, absolutly gorgeous...jus a hint you can post 4 images in each post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->