bare skin at night

ok, so i'm rethinking this whole bare skin thing at night, my face is now extremely dry and i woke up this morning with three large painful bumps on my face and i think this is because of the dryness. I hate this tightness and now combined with the painful cysts, i can't take it! I'm going to just start with a very light moisturizer at night, not a heavy one. I do have naturally dry skin so i think not applying moisturizer at night, has caused havoc! I'll keep updating....

I guess everyone's skin is different and you need to find the right thing for yourself by trying out.

My experience for myself were that a) my day moisturizer applied lightly gives nice effects b) if I apply a really rich créme once a week the results are very good (skin is soft and glowy), but if I do it more often it gets oily.

You could try Dr. Hauschka's night ampoules: http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/productinfo.php?product=104
I've never tried them myself, but apparently they work really well at regulating the skin, and at the end of the treatment (I think it's about a month) your skin should be self-sufficient and balanced, also in terms of nighttime moisture.

The problem with night cream is that it increases the skin's dependency on an external source of moisture, rather than producing its own. The skin should be able to regulate it's own moisture balance during the night at least, whereas day activities require extra protection. Like it was mentioned on the first page of this thread, the skin during the night is also in its natural process of detoxification, and therefore ideally needs to breathe and function without interference.

At the moment, I use a prescribed vitamin-A cream (which is not a night cream nor a moisturizer) at night, but only because I have to (well, according to my Derm, and it did help with my dermatitis). When I'm done with that treatment, I'll go back to not using anything. I also use only a gentle cleanser, which does not strip my face, and therefore does not require me to replace the stripped moisture with a night cream.
And well, once a week I do indulge in a nightime rose-oil capsule from Weleda that I love. http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/name/wild-rose-intensive-facial-oil-30-capsules-

So that could be an alternative to everyday night creams: A gentle cleanser, and a once a week night treatment / a one month regulating treatment
:flower:
(of course I don't know if I will still live by this when I'm older, but at the moment -at 23- it works well for me)

I hate using night creams cause of the excessive oil on my skin in the morning :ninja:

I use a serum that's fantastic, its very lightweight, non oily, and instantly gives your skin a velvet feel, and it doesnt leave that oily film on your skin.

Here it is

Dior

Revitalize Essence

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Prestige Revitalizing Essence. An intensely concentrated serum with exclusive beauty nectar. Revitalizes, moisturizes and clarifies, leaving skin radiant and younger looking. 1 oz.[/FONT]

0428144735777_275x275.jpg
from saks.com

Browneyes said:
You could try Dr. Hauschka's night ampoules: http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/productinfo.php?product=104
I've never tried them myself, but apparently they work really well at regulating the skin, and at the end of the treatment (I think it's about a month) your skin should be self-sufficient and balanced, also in terms of nighttime moisture.

The problem with night cream is that it increases the skin's dependency on an external source of moisture, rather than producing its own. The skin should be able to regulate it's own moisture balance during the night at least, whereas day activities require extra protection. Like it was mentioned on the first page of this thread, the skin during the night is also in its natural process of detoxification, and therefore ideally needs to breathe and function without interference.

At the moment, I use a prescribed vitamin-A cream (which is not a night cream nor a moisturizer) at night, but only because I have to (well, according to my Derm, and it did help with my dermatitis). When I'm done with that treatment, I'll go back to not using anything. I also use only a gentle cleanser, which does not strip my face, and therefore does not require me to replace the stripped moisture with a night cream.
And well, once a week I do indulge in a nightime rose-oil capsule from Weleda that I love. http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/name/wild-rose-intensive-facial-oil-30-capsules-

So that could be an alternative to everyday night creams: A gentle cleanser, and a once a week night treatment / a one month regulating treatment
:flower:
(of course I don't know if I will still live by this when I'm older, but at the moment -at 23- it works well for me)

I actually love the idea of doing this, but these products are only available in the uk :( and i live in the bahamas, the idea of a light moisturizer throughout the week, and a rich one, once a week sounds pretty good....what's the name of the cleanser that you use? maybe i need something a bit gentler (this is so frustrating! my boyfriend is able to wash his face with regular soap, no moisturizer, and his face is gorgeous! okay, i'm realistic and aware that everyone's face is different, but it really feels that so many people have no skin problems whatsoever....)

^ yeah it pisses me off too that guys often seem to have tougher, hassle-free skin! :rolleyes: hehe

The cleanser I use is also Dr. Hauschka... I'm a bit of a Hauschka fan. The products are available in the US and other countries though too, and via the website www.drhauschka.com (which I have never used though, so I'm not sure about their shipping policies) - but maybe the .com website can tell you if there is a retailer near you?

I wouldn't mind being in the Bahamas right now B)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah but the variety of products are extremely limited, and i went on the website, but they don't ship outside of the u.s. and we don't have a retailer here..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->