Barney's warehouse sale, worth it?

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
So I've never been to one, it started today in NYC, is it worth going to? or will I only find crap? 70% is pretty tempting if I can find some nice pieces from fall- but if it'll all be basic stuff and crappy left overs, i dont want to drag myself and my belly to it...thoughts?

anyone before I drag myself down there today?! since it just stated yesterday im sure if there is anything good it will be gone by next week

not at all given your current condition. It's a mad house and there are rude women...I might go and take a look in the last day but not before that. All designer clothes are priced higher than the last phase of regular Barneys sale so I won't bother.
But it's a nice sale for men. They have tons of suits with all sizes...around $500 range for brands like Dolce & Gabbana.

it's sort of different every season....
depends how well things sold and what interests you...

and now they are advertising on TV commercials..
so it is definitely more of a madhouse i think...

i agree with caffeine...
i'm not going...
except maybe towards the end when they take further markdowns...

*though i'd love to hear from anyone who does go to hear what they saw there...

:flower:

Thanks you guys...I love finding a good deal but I hate crowds!! Im heading near that area this afternoon for an appointment s i figured i would drop by...but ya..i saw the ad on tv last night...it will be a mad house..and i dont want them pushing my belly :X
if anyone goes, let us know if there is anything worth it..

I went yesterday before 9 am and it was soo intense. Grown women were just acting like total animals it was scary. I mean seriously its just clothes and shoes when you think about it. I don't think you should go unless its towards the end when things mellow out. I got some great denim though and prada flats which is nice but I could have bought them on another day. The assortment was ok but I felt like people already took all the good stuff at 8am and were carrying them around so noone could get them. Its just a madhouse

thanks for the report siouxsie...:heart:...

The thing is when you go this early during the sale the markdowns are pretty much the same price as they were right before they left the stores. If you go in the last few days things get CHEAP.
However, I feel that many people are there buying things simply because of the price and it shows in their choices. I mean there is a reason the stuff is on sale and never sold when it was in the store, right?

It was terrible. Bad choice, markdowns were nothing special (an Erdem dress at $1200, even though at 60% or whatever, still is $1200 of money I don't have to spend on a single dress) and there were so many people there. I lasted about 5 mins before I had to leave.

The thing is when you go this early during the sale the markdowns are pretty much the same price as they were right before they left the stores. If you go in the last few days things get CHEAP.
However, I feel that many people are there buying things simply because of the price and it shows in their choices. I mean there is a reason the stuff is on sale and never sold when it was in the store, right?
Id agree. The Warehouse Sale is only good on the last day when everything is so frickin cheap you dont mind.

It's all the junk thats left over.

Exactly. Not to mention that a decent percentage of that **** is perennial at the sale. Ie, the same exact garbage that did not sell in fall of 1999 keeps making a cameo at the warehouse sales until someone willing to pardon its hideousness for cheap "designer" ware takes it home with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucilam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->