Best Suits for Women

mandarines

Reaction score
I have to buy a suit for some upcoming interviews. It will be my first suit because it's my first time looking for a proper full time job. I finished my residence and it's time to become part of the real world :ninja:

I would like to invest in a good quality suit. Theory seems to be a popular choice... but I've read that their quality has diminished recently. I'm not sure if I should splurge or buy a suit from Lord&Taylor, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, etc.
Please let me know your input!!:flower::heart:

I really like Theory as well, although I find their blazers a bit too padded in the shoulders for my taste. I like that they have one-button suits which I think is really modern.

Banana Republic is good quality as well-I haven't tried their blazers but their dress pants are very nice (I don't own any because they don't carry tall sizes in Canada, but my law student friend stocks up on their petite suits when she visits the US).

I've heard good things about JCrew suiting as well, and they have lots of different options. I like the weight of the wool and the drape of the pants-although the fit isn't good if you are pear shaped like me.

Zara has nice fitting suits as well, although avoid the really cheap Zara Basic pants-they wrinkle as soon as you put them on. At least get something in wool instead of cotton.

Thank you for your suggestions. I went to Theory during the Black Friday weekend and got a suit with 30% off!
I'm going to check out the BR pants next!
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->