Buying Designer Jewelry on Ebay?

funnyfan

Reaction score
So my girl is having her b-day soon and I decided to try to get off my lazy butt and buy her something she'd appreciate rather and is sexier than giving her the new grand theft auto game like I did last time I gave her a present. :blush: She's relly into jewelry so I went online and to Ebay and found some pretty designer stuff that I'd think she'd like and would also not bust a bank account thats slowly been running dry due to college. ^_^

So anyway... what do you guys think about giving a present like this Dior bracelet: # 5035630196. Is it or anything else like it on ebay the real deal? If it isn't, is there anything online from Ebay or other auctions sites that might be? Any reccomendations anyone has to make about buying jewelry online? Worse comes to worse I can pick something up from her at the Department store I work in but I think I'd rathe I just do it online and save some money that way... :wink:

Any help from the lovely ladies of this site would be MUCH appreciated! :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust Ebay....you should go to the Dior store and buy the real one, even though it might cost more. I had very bad experiences with Ebay. On Ebay, the pics of the bracelet might not even be the actual one they will send to you. And what about the return and exchange policy? What if the bracelet isn't real? You would probably have peace of mind knowing that the bracelet is real. It's up to you, but I wouldn't want to be stressing about authenticity. Can the person that your buying the bracelet for distinguish the difference between real and fake jewelry? If not, go ahead and buy the fake one. How can they tell the difference? :P

No. I don't trust Ebay for ANY designer jewlery..... ESP Dior, they go crazy on the fakes. Quality looks bad too... I really think you should find a boutique near you or try Eluxury.com or the more reputable online stores.

funnyfan said:
So my girl is having her b-day soon and I decided to try to get off my lazy butt and buy her something she'd appreciate rather and is sexier than giving her the new grand theft auto game like I did last time I gave her a present. :blush: She's relly into jewelry so I went online and to Ebay and found some pretty designer stuff that I'd think she'd like and would also not bust a bank account thats slowly been running dry due to college. ^_^

So anyway... what do you guys think about giving a present like this Dior bracelet: # 5035630196. Is it or anything else like it on ebay the real deal? If it isn't, is there anything online from Ebay or other auctions sites that might be? Any reccomendations anyone has to make about buying jewelry online? Worse comes to worse I can pick something up from her at the Department store I work in but I think I'd rathe I just do it online and save some money that way... :wink:

Any help from the lovely ladies of this site would be MUCH appreciated! :blush:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can not distinguish the real from a real one and the fake one, you may not want to do that. Unlike the real pics you will see in a handbag list, most of the jewelry pics of the eBay are trimmed before they are posted. It is really hard to tell. :innocent:

Nah. I wouldn't reccommend it. I saw fake designer jewelry in Hongkong recently, they look exactly the same thing, if the prices you see in ebay is too good to be true, chances are they are fake.

Thanks for the advice! Department store jewelry it is then... :smile:

right decision.
dont thrust ebay sellers at all, there are only few(!) who sell authentic stuff.

G_Star said:
right decision.
dont thrust ebay sellers at all, there are only few(!) who sell authentic stuff.

Do sellers generally sell real pearls on ebay, though? Especially those from China...? :unsure:

I ended up buying my gf a grey Guess bag with heart shaped handles... pricey but I think she forgave the lack of jewelry for it! ^_^

Jewelry is one of the worst areas for fakes. There are piles and piles of faked Vivienne Westwood, Chrome Hearts, Dior, etc.

Congrats on finding a good gift! Sounds like the bag was a hit!

This is all true...

What I do buy on Ebay is signed Swarovski....
That is almost always authentic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->