Chanel Bag is rumoured to increase in price in August 2010

LeBonChic

Reaction score
Not a good piece of news, really. Purseblog is right about why we should purchase a Chanel 2.55, the bag will go up in price dramatically:

Following the recent 20-percent price hike on classic Chanel bags throughout Europe, Madison Avenue Spy reports that now a similar increase will occur here in the states. As early as August 1, department stores and Chanel boutiques across the country may start selling the iconic Reissue, for example -- currently retailing for $3600 -- for as much as $4100.

MAS surveyed Chanel stockists throughout the city, and got a fairly vague set of responses (though none were denials), with the exception of a salesperson at Bergdorf Goodman, who confirmed the pending increase.

We too called some vendors throughout the city and got similarly ambiguous answers, ranging from "It's just a rumor. We have no official news," from a salesperson at the Chanel boutique on 57th Street, to "We have no information and won't until it happens," from Elmira, a Chanel salesperson at Saks Fifth Avenue.

However another salesperson at Bergdorf did affirm that yes, a price hike is imminent and inevitable: "There was an increase in France, July 1. There's definitely going to be an increase, maybe about 20 percent, but we don't know the exact date. Pretty soon, though."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/thr...-Rumored-to-Raise-by-20-Percent-98852439.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my authentic Chanel jumbo caviar (black, shw) in March 2009 for £1,498 at Heathrow airport tax free. I would never pay that for a bag again, but I love this bag so much.

The prices went up on the 5th. They are just insane now. I want a caviar jumbo flap but with these increases who knows when that will happen.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->