Chanel Goes the Way of Gucci & Louis Vuitton, Embraces Heritage

farou7a

Reaction score
Louis Vuitton has its Core Values campaign, Gucci’s sent its artisans on a world tour, and Hermes always evokes a sense of history—all of which have proven a financial success this year.

So it’s about time Chanel countered.

Starting next Saturday, May 8th, New York’s 57th street store will be devoted to the history of the quilted bag.

They’re calling it an exhibition, “The Secrets of the Chanel Handbag,” and it’ll aim to show customers the bag making process, both of each individual bag and of the bags over time.

The most appealing part, however, may be the display of Chanel bags from the house’s archives, paired with more recent samples. They should really break out some vintage Chanel tweeds and make a proper exhibition out of it.

source: fashionista.com

Attachments

• chanelbag.jpg
    chanelbag.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 181
how long will the windows be up for???...

so far this was the only info i could get on it ( i checked my email late hence why it says 'next week' and not this week) but if i find out i will most def post it on here :smile:

ok found something new.

"The Secrets of the Chanel Handbag" Exhibit

In New York City next week? Make sure to pay a visit to Chanel's East 57th Street flagship store, where on the third floor the luxe French label has set up shop--namely, an exhibit entitled "The Secrets of the Chanel Handbag" designed to reveal the handbag's je ne sais quoi while highlighting the craftsmanship that goes into making one of their most timeless accessories. As Bag Snobs we all know Mademoiselle Chanel first introduced her now timeless shoulder bag in 1929. From then on, she constantly used this idea until she eventually created the bag commonly known as the "2.55" (which is in fact its "date of birth") in February 1955.

The exhibit launches in the U.S. on May 8 and runs through May 16. The exhibit takes people through the construction of the iconic handbag and its fashion evolution over time. Visitors will be able to walk through and interact with a visual presentation featuring handbags from the Parisian archives and of course see the latest versions designed by Karl Lagerfeld. Why not pick up one while you're there? Now you'll be able to justify the four-figure price tag!

source: bagsnob.com

super...thanks!
i thought it was in the windows...but it's actually in the store...
i have to try and make it uptown!

i wish i could fly out to the US just for this! :(

Will that little girl be at the exhibition to give free hugs? ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->