Charles & Camilla head for the US

Well I am an American and everyone I know (including myself) will forever think of Camilla as being his mistress. His so ugh, alot of people hope that because of Charles past indescretions that he will not be king and step down and let Wills rule. I could care less about them coming to America unless they do something funny like try to pay in pounds.

roppal222 said:
I know it's being billed as an excuse for Britain to fly the flag abroad

I wouldn't say that...that's a harsh way to look at it.

There has been plenty about this on the news today in the US, and there have been mixed responses, but overall... most would agree that Camilla will not be as welcomed as Princess Diana was. But we have to remember that Mr. Charles also had a part in this...

One woman made comment today that the U.S. welcomes everybody, and we'll give her a chance. I like to think that's how it will be.

Granted, it's all over the news. Do I care? No. Do most people I know? (including young, old, etc..) No. It feels like he thinks it's just his chance to show Camilla off or something.... Don't care about Camilla, don't care about Prince Charles, but I did like Diana.

i saw this thread and i thought it was going to say devorse :innocent:i dont like her and never will

I think it's charming that at long last in their old age they've gotten married, but I'm not sure I'd cross the street to see 'em--I'm busy :P

DreamsAreMade said:
Granted, it's all over the news. Do I care? No. Do most people I know? (including young, old, etc..) No. It feels like he thinks it's just his chance to show Camilla off or something.... Don't care about Camilla, don't care about Prince Charles, but I did like Diana.

I agree.. the only royals I've ever been interested in were Princess Diana.. and currently Andrea and Charlotte Casiraghi..

Erin said:

What? Why is that harsh? :blink: The Royals even admit that nowadays their principal function is to generate tourism for Britain. I didn't think that was a big secret. In fact, that's what the offcial Buckingham Palace line was: that they are going to the US to boost British interests.

It's definitely a charm offensive they're trying to launch - I had no problem with them marrying but becoming queen? and now trying to rope in American popularity to boost that possibility..

Charles is an ok man...but he should just accept that he will always be eclipsed...back then by Diana...and now by Wills and Harry.

I live about 30 minutes (if I speed and there's no traffic) from D.C. and I think it's cool that they're coming over here.:heart:

If I felt like braving the suicidal traffic to get to D.C. I would definately drive up and try and get a peak at the Royals. (course, with the white-house all fenced in, I probably wouldn't get to see a darned thing :angry: )

I think it's fun stuff-- it's not everyday that you see a Prince in America :flower:

But on the other hand, VainJane...
prince_1_gross.jpg

oh speaking of Camilla or should i say Milla .... I never thought I'd say this about the woman, in god's honest truth, Milla looks better in person! Those pictures of her don't do her justice- she doesn't photograph well. :shock:

Erin said:

There has been plenty about this on the news today in the US, and there have been mixed responses, but overall... most would agree that Camilla will not be as welcomed as Princess Diana was. But we have to remember that Mr. Charles also had a part in this...

One woman made comment today that the U.S. welcomes everybody, and we'll give her a chance. I like to think that's how it will be.

Hi! I live next to San Francisco, Oakland California, and when I heard about Prince Charles visiting the States I admit, I got a bit excited! :clap: I like the

man and his political views and his love of organic farming! Organic! I had no

idea the Prince had knowledge about that stuff! I rushed out to meet the

Prince at one of our farmers market and I say this! I wasn't expecting so

many people showing up and acting like crazies waiting in line at a Stones

concert! I did see him up close, but did not get a chance to say hello or

to shake his hand, but it was awesome to see him in person!!:D :king:

I'm not a huge Charlie fan....but I respect his environmental beliefs and organic interests. I think he's hoping his visit will ,( besides open up the US public for acceptance of Camila,) try and inspire Pres Bush into taking more of an interest in the environment

I'm not holding my breath...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txroadrun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->