• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Cute Running Shoes?

I don't know what the difference is between the shox or the impax but those pink/black ones are so comfortable they have me wearing pink (which I don't normally wear.) I also have to put up with some remarks from my BF who thinks the soles look really weird with the holes as they are (ok they do look weird, but I think it helps with how cushy they feel.) They were also on sale 'cause I guess they have different colors this season (I saw similar ones for 3X as much as I paid but different colors at a differnt location, I actually preferred those colors (blue/gray, black/gray) but they won't swap for colors, lol, they said I still have to pay the other 2/3rds of the price for those....... no thanks!! I guess I am woman enough to wear just a little pink sometimes!

Shoes

I would agree the shox are cute, but if you really want to try the best shoes for your feet you should go ahead and try the asics nimbus. They come in many colors and are certainly the best running shoe out there at the moment. The shox is to heavy and lacks the padding in front, unless you go for the total shox that have those pad things all the way.

I was just in this dilemma and I researched everywhere online for the best running shoes. I love cute shoes and definitely wouldn't wear hideous shoes, but trust me when I say it's all about the fit and not the look. Because no matter how cute it is, if it's not the right type for your foot, you'll do yourself some serious damage. You need to know what type you are--whether you're a supinator, a pronator, or an over-pronator. Also if you have a high arch or flat foot.

Look up a few local running stores near you that don't specialize in one particular brand. Usually when you go in an employee will have you try on a bunch of different shoes to see what fits you best. When I went to Seattle's Footzone they actually videotaped me running on a treadmill to determine what strike-type and toe-off I was (I pronate--so I tend to roll inward) and to see how I liked the shoe I was wearing. I wanted something with cushioning and stability, and I found that in the Mizuno Wave Alchemy. :heart:

That's something Nike doesn't do. I know because I went there first and actually bought a pair of Nike Shox, but after talking to my sister, who's a personal trainer, she told me to stick with better running brands like Asics, Mizuno, etc. She's around a lot of athletes all the time and said she never sees anyone wearing Nike. I'm not positive, but I also read that you have to be at least 170lbs for the "shox" to work..

And I think your local running store would be more willing to let you return the shoe if you find out it's not working for you. That's what won me over when I went in to Footzone. They didn't have the size larger than I normally wear, but they said if the ones I bought were too small after a few weeks of running, I could come in and get the others. Nice, huh? Love it. :P Nike told me to run in the house to see if they were right. Hmmm... :doh:

jessicastyle.com said:
I just got these:
02_1.JPG

1922.jpg

but they also have them in pink - on sale for $49.99 at Nike town - I did a charge send from this number 724-748-5138
img00706wk.jpg

They are comfy too
their cool shoes.

taurus_07 said:
I agree with calexico on Stella McCartney's line for Adidas. There was this pair that I really liked, it was a sorta silvery-grey and pink (?) colour... They were gorgeous ^_^!! And I like Aasics runners as well.

I've seen pics of the pink w/grey Stella McCartney/Adidas shoe but I haven't been able to find it in stores or online stores. Do you know where I can find it?

I love my new Nike Air Max 360. The best!!! The hype is true........I feel like I'm running on air. I paid $160 and it's all worth it. It's soooo light and soft. The best cushion.......

BUY IT!!!!

TheSoCalledPrep said:
I say... as long as a shoe isn't terribly hideous (New Balance), functionality is much more important than cuteness in a running shoe. I love my Asics Gel..... they are kind of cute, but more important, good for my back and feet.

i have to agree totally. for the longest time i was dead set on finding running shoes that i thought were cute and comfortable. then i realized that how they look really doesn't matter at all. i wear them when i run, when i sweat, in my tights. I'm no fashonista after 5 miles so i go for maximum comfort and save the cute shoes for my every day outfits.

I have a pair of nike shox NZ (the first batch that ever came out) in the gray and light blue.. they're like 3 years old and soooo worn in... I refuse to get rid of them because I can't find them anywhere... I dont really like the newer versions of the shox.

I'm liking this style, Nike Shox CL - they have the classic/retro styling but are still as comfortable as my other pairs of shox!

shox_w_cl_wht_gry_ice.jpg

pickyourshoes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->