Dooney & Bourke/ The Sak Design Contests:

juney bee

Reaction score
does anyone know anything about the contest that ran recently in lucky magazine to design the saks new handbag? i entered it as well as the dooney and bourke one from teenvogue earlier this year. i find it interesting how these companys are trying to recruit talent through contests like this because its basically a cheaper way to get new designs....i was actually one of the dooney and bourke it girls, and let me tell you...that week in italy was much more a smooze fest than a design team.... :yuk:

I agree about all of that but I don't know anything about it. You were my first bit of info on it. Tommy Hilfiger is doing (i think) a reality show to "find the next great American designer" but i forget what the show is going to be called. There is already a reality show coming on Bravo this fall for apparel design talent. It's all just so cheesy especially when I heard that they are going to be doing things as stupid as redesigning cop uniforms. :rolleyes:

The designer who wins on Hilfiger's show will debut a collection under him. What happened to Ally?

Designers always throw "contests" like this... In fact, they bring them to FIT all the time... It's a cheap way to get new and fresh ideas.

THE HORRIBLE PART ABOUT IT, IS THAT THEY GATHER ALL OF THESE DESIGNS, NONE OF THEM ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE STUDENTS WHO SUBMIT, AND THEY END UP TAKING AND USING THE DESIGNS WITHOUT EVEN PAYING THE DESIGNER.

Assholes.

Juney.. You probably met Jane, Esi, Ryan, and Jeanie...

They are a few friends of mine from FIT.

Too bad you all were pretty much forced to design with that horrible LV lookalike material.

The zipper's pretty cool.. but.. yea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->