Dressing for a tropical climate?

magicclean

Reaction score
I think that most of you are living in temperate regions where the four seasons exists. Residing in a tropical country in Asia where its constant warm and humid and showers and rain, there isnt more choices fashionwise, particularly for the men. If you are living in a tropical zone like this, what would you wear?

short shorts are very trendy for men

Well, I live in a tropical country and specially in the summer, we are most of the time wearing skirts, shorts, tops, dresses (short ones), bikini and colorfull clothes, getting away from black!..

Anyone got any more ideas on how to dress tropically but not look too... uncovered? Holidays spent in Fiji, coming straight from a cold country, make me feel quite strange- going from full winter gear to swimming togs.

-G.

hmm..you could always go for capris.. or long-sleeved tops in sheer materials, the ones from C&C California come to mind.

Or sheer button up tops over your bikinis would look cute too..

A sundress with a cardi for chilly nights...hope this gives you more ideas :wink:

Linen is great for tropical climates. Get a great pair of tailored linen pants and a linen or lightweight cotton button down shirt/blouse and you instantly look better than all those American tourists on the high street.

If you need to dress it up at night, for men a linen blazer, a linen suit, or even a tropical-weight wool suit or blazer can polish up your look. For women, the suit/blazer look is a great option too, or pretty much anything that's in a lightweight breathable fabric like linen or cotton.

I think tube dresses are the ultimate tropical luxury... feminine, yet you can still be fairly covered wearing them. :heart:

For men I love a flowy white linen shirt, khaki shorts or pants (or really any color from the beige/tan family), and a nice pair of leather sandals. Those are pretty versatile items that can go from day to evening, maybe a nice lightweight cotton blazer for nightime in some warm shade of brown or taupe, or maybe for the brave, a soft pastel shade. Also for nightime, a pair of suede driving moccasins is a nice touch.

I think in a tropical climate you can get away with more casual forms of dressing up, cause really, who in their right mind would want to wear a suit and tie in a tropical climate?

Last edited by a moderator:
magicclean said:
I think that most of you are living in temperate regions where the four seasons exists. Residing in a tropical country in Asia where its constant warm and humid and showers and rain, there isnt more choices fashionwise, particularly for the men. If you are living in a tropical zone like this, what would you wear?

I am not advising you. I am jealous. You lucky bugger :ninja:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->