Fashion world in mourning after top celebrity stylist Annabel Tollman dies at 36

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
The fashion world is in mourning today after it was announced that top fashion stylist Annabel Tollman has died at the age of 36.
News of the New York-based Brit's death emerged on Twitter this morning in a post by Paper Magazine editor Mickey Boardman.
He wrote: 'Devastated. Just devastated to hear about the loss of dear Annabel Tollman. She was just a nice, sweet, really good girl. A real gem.'
An agent for Tollman later confirmed the sad news with MailOnline.
According to New York Magazine's The Cut, the stylist died in her sleep at her West Village apartment after suffering from a blood clot.

Details surrounding her death have not been released, but it goes without saying that she will be sorely missed by the fashion community.
A sought-after stylist, Tollman was behind the red carpet looks of Scarlett Johansson, Shakira, Liv Tyler, Mariah Carey, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, among many others.
She was famous for her old-Hollywood aesthetic and an ability to dress curvaceous figures as skillfully as slender ones.

Born in Brussels and raised in London and New York, she held high-profile posts at Wallpaper* magazine and as fashion director of Interview magazine.
More recently, she worked as a stylist and spokeswoman for eBay fashion, and had her own Bravo reality series in the works.
Tollman was named one of the 25 most powerful stylists in Hollywood by the Hollywood Reporter in 2011, and was voted one of the 50 most stylish New Yorkers by StyleCaster in 2010.
Already, the fashion world has been taking to Twitter to pay tribute.
In an emotional Facebook post, fashion writer Derek Blasberg described her as 'sweet and smart and drop dead sexy. She was till the end.'
He wrote: 'Her passing is one of those things that happen that you can never expect. That hit you in the gut so hard and make you thankful for what you have but also so sad that she's gone. . . May she rest in piece and know that she touched many lives. With love.'

His sentiments were echoed by several others.

Model Hilary Rhoda wrote: 'So sad to hear about Annabel Tollman. Such a beautiful, witty, soul with that wonderful infectious personality.'

And casting agent and fashion writer Natalie Joos, tweeted: 'Remembering Annabel Tollman, a beautiful Muse and friend. Rest in Peace love.'
Lizzie Paton, U.S. Fashion & Luxury Correspondent at the Financial Times, added: 'I am unbelievably sad to hear of the passing of Annabel Tollman. She was very kind to me when I arrived in NYC & I never forgot it. RIP.' (dailymail.co.uk)

This is a shame.

Annabel Tollman dies.

News of Tollman's death started to circulate on Twitter earlier today with many prominent fashion figures, including Peter Som, Derek Blasberg and Hilary Rhoda, tweeting their shock and sadness at her sudden passing.

The Cut reports that the stylist, who was in her late thirties, suffered from a fatal blood clot whilst asleep on Wednesday.
Tollman was born in Brussels but raised in London. She attended London's prestigious Central Saint Martins College of Art alongside the likes of Céline creative director Phoebe Philo.
She was a well-known stylist within the fashion industry and her past clients included Scarlett Johannsson and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Additionally, she enjoyed a successful tenure as the fashion editor of Interview magazine in New York and was a spokesperson and stylist for online auction site eBay.
At the time of her death she was reportedly working on a fashion-based show for television network Bravo in New York, where she lived.

This is so tragic. Dying in my sleep is one of my biggest neurotic fears. Its so common too... :cry:

I wasn't familiar with her work, but dying at such a young age it's a tragedy. R.I.P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->