Ford Supermodel Of The World 2003

Yup, thats a Ford comp they run annually. Basically out of each country that participates, they choose one representative to send to the world finals. Australia has had a few winners and runnerups in the past few years I think (Alyssa Kealy (not Sutherland) won a few years ago, Nicole Trunfio did pretty good last year, and Gemma Bidstrup (not Ward) came 3rd runner up a few years ago).

To be honest, not many of the girls go on to make it big, Nicole is the only girl who has really hit the mark I think (had a massive season just past doing runway for the spring shows.. but surprise surprise, she isnt with Ford anymore, she's now with Supreme). I havent seen Alyssa around for much and Gemma pretty much just disappeared.

I had a look at the Singapore comp's website.. my gosh how short are some of the girls in the final 20 :shock: 168cm! I'm surprised they made it to the finals. and speaking from an Asian's perspective, a lot of those girls are really plain janes, even the girl who won is a bit mediocre in my opinion :wacko: but never the less, it's great to see more asian faces out there

Liliane Ferrarezi was runner up a couple of years back in the Supermodel of the Year contest. She is doing pretty well...it seems like the runners up do better that the winners most of the time?!

Woah 168cm is pretty small - but there are some taller ones there as well. I wasn't very impressed by the 15 year old - and she was 168cm - I thought there must have really been something special about her that the judges saw, being by far the youngest and one of the shortest. I can't help but think that some are actually even shorter than 168cm and just 'readjusted' their heights. (sorry I'm tired and in a mean mood) I had a look at the other photos and it seems a bit pageantry - one or two were pretty and perhaps one had the potential to actually become a model. Hmmm well we'll see how they go in the world comp (which as PradaP pointed out, not many of the winners have come out being really successful).
Is Elite Look of the year still on though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glitterdarling
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->