Frida Giannini - Designer

I hope your enthusiasm may match your purchase history at FRIDA GIANNINI.
She was a very good accessory designer, a very mid RTW designer.

Her work has no value on it own.
I’m ok with revisionism sometimes but come’on…

Frida at Ferragamo however is not a bad idea.

After Tom, Gucci was always dead to me LOL

Not so much revisionist history Lola— just.. straightforward sense, more so especially in these lesser, lessest fashion days. She designed with a very no-nonsense bourgeoisie sensibility. One that is understandably frowned upon as not daring/conceptual/inventive and maybe dismissed as common fashion tropes of its time. But in general, her separates and her made-to-measure on celebs were classic glam— not trolling silliness just for the sake of going against the grain, of which in this era, means looking like a clown . Even my first love Helmut produced awful fashions: His last collection was mediocre if I’m being kind. So I'll take your word that her pants were… pants. Meanwhile, people like Phoebe/both Daniels/Anthony Vaccarello etc have made fashion so mundane, relying on lazy nostalgia. And Frida was never by any means great, but she at least designed clothes that aren’t a mockery of fashion nor costume-y. And in these days of trolling fashion that’s also offensively expensive for at best mediocre products, Frida’s in retrospect, is good enough.

She was a commercial designer. Nothing more, nothing less. I like some pieces from her S/S 2012 "Hard Déco" collection...but that´s it!

But if she is back, first she needs to take classes on how to properly pattern pants, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->