Functional Footwear

ellastica

Reaction score
As someone who's worked physically demanding, 8 hrs + on my feet jobs most my life, I'm always on the look out for functional, comfortable and stylish foot wear. The latter aesthetic requirement being the hardest quality to wrangle in combination with function and comfort.

This winter I will be working managerial catering/event set up position which involves going back and forth between various event sites in the cold, wind, rain. (And also climbing ladders for marquee changes). I'm looking for some waterproof, all black in color shoes that are more modern than big foot.

My boyfriend currently wears well made but frankly ugly ECCO brand Goretex shoes for his managerial office job. He takes the light rail to and from work and walks 40 minutes by foot to the office.

These are the styles I've found which fits his Goretex requirement but also are cushiony and aren't offensive to the eyes.

For HIM

CAMPER Beetle K300005-009

Features

Smooth leather
Color: black
Very flexible
Elastic laces
Cushioned insole
GORE-TEX®: complete waterproof protection and optimum climate comfort.
Lining: 54 % Polyamide, 22 % Fabric (70% Polyester- 30% Wool), 15 % Leather, 9 % Polyester

ECCO Turn Gore-Tex Chukka Tie

Description
* Look good and feel comfortable during unpredictable weather circumstances with the Turn Gore-Tex Chukka Tie by ECCO®.
* GORE-TEX waterproof leather upper.

* Lace-up closure.
* Leather and textile lining.
* Removable insole with ECCO Comfort Fibre System™ inlay sole helps to keep footwear fresh and dry.
* Shock Point heel cushioning.
* Direct-injected PU outsole.
* Imported.
* Measurements:
* Weight: 1 lb
* Shaft: 4 in
* Product measurements were taken using size 46 (US Men's 12-12.5), width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size.

For ME

QUICKSILVER Patrol Mid (Men's)

Description
* Whatever conditions you find yourself in, you can rely on the versatile performance of the Quiksilver® Patrol Mid shoe!
* Stretch neoprene bootie construction upper for warmth and flexibility.
* No-sew welded upper for structure and water resistance.
* 360 degree waterproofing.
* Cinch lock boardshort laces.
* EVA cupsole for cushioning and flexibility.
* Michelin outsole for abrasion resistance and grip.
* Special rubber with improved traction in water, ice, and abrasion resistance.
* Special rubber with sticky climbing compound for excellent traction.
* Imported.
* Measurements:
* Weight: 13 oz
* Shaft: 4 1⁄4 in
* Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->