Giambattista Valli F/W 11.12 Paris

It's a really beautiful collection, this is how you do wearable without being boring.

Some of the pieces are breathtaking. Others are...meh. I love the black and white image prints.

Is Valli an official minimalist now? I have to say, he's quite a dull one if he is, as the clothes have been the same shape, same length, for the past... five collections?
Among the usual random designs, his furs always stand out though.

BU-RAH-VOO!
This collection is amazing, the furs were my favorites. I didn't like the flats too much but I see what he was going for. Soo Couture

i'm so confused by this collection. it jumps between those couture shapes made buzzy by raf simons at jil sander to actual minimalist pieces that had nothing to do with the skunky pieces that bled into the other fur-and-floral pieces that actually reminded us of real giamb just in time for him to slip in a few ruffles -- that frankly should've just been the focus of the entire collection as it made the most sense -- and then ended with ball gowns so big that even oscar de la renta himself would not think to put them on a catwalk.

in short, an odd collection with absolutely no unifying theme except maybe the color red, black, and white. except that's not a theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accessories! (style.com)

00040m.jpg
00200m.jpg

00220m.jpg
00260m.jpg

00790m.jpg
01000m.jpg

00730m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads