Giorgio Armani Does Couture

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 2 2004, 12:20 PM
May the Givenchy finally be good. :cry:
[snapback]447571[/snapback]​
I hope so :flower:

He has the potential to create some wonderful couture designs, I really hope he does :blush:

Those dresses are stunning... hes is very brown haha no more tanning beds for this man :P

I imagined it before Giorgio Armani Haute Couture... but I just could not process it into reality. The label always sounded R-T-W to me...

However, it's good he made this move bussiness-wise, commercial-wise, etc etc.

I'm not really expecting much but I am expecting something because I really liked his Fall 2003 collection which was almost couture-worthy and a refined minimalist, functional aesthetic that will bring freshness into couture.

I was thinking about this some more and I really do think that he'll be good for haute couture. He's got a loyal celebrity clientele that will no doubt be flocking to him for event wear and he's known the world over which could draw more attention to the couture. Of course, as softgrey said there aren't many people buying couture nowadays, but I think Armani will be good for it, if not for what he creates then for adding to the ever-shortening couture season roster.

just the right person to resurrect couture from it's death bed

I think this will be interesting, i'm looking forward to seeing what giorgio brings to couture :flower:

the only unfortunate thing is that hes really old now......so im not sure how much longer he cant keep the whole thing going for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->