Girls Aloud

Cheryl isn't the "leader" :wink:

People always get confused with this but Cheryl does lead the group actually shes been doing it ever since they started. Shes always in the middle, is always doing the interviews and publicity, is the chosen face of the group and does The X-Factor. When the band first formed cheryl was a No.1 fan favourite compared to the other 4.

Nadine is mistaken as being the leader simply because she sings most of the songs but she always takes a back seat in most things. While Nadine sings all eyes goe on Cheryl.

when it comes to music nadine is def the leader!
when it comes to publicity, fans and other stuff Cheryl def leads the group.

I wouldn´t say Cheryl is the leader no matter where she stands during interviews etc. She´s the most known member of GA but definitiely no leader. Leading singer is Nadine for sure. But is there a leader of the group? For me all the girl are equal.

That's what I'm saying.. Nadine is the lead singer.. no other GA-member sings as much in the songs than she does. When it comes to publicity and stuff Cheryl is def #1. She's the most known member, especially when it comes to her private life! And her name is always related to GA so in a way she brings GA more publicity.

Vocally its Nadine.

Overall i think its always been Cheryl afterall she was the only one picked for L'Oreal.

But.. the L'oreal thing is always individually. you can't relate that to the group. They chose Cheryl for her looks. And they never choose groups when it comes to these kind of contracts.

Exactly. The fact that she´s been picked for L'Oreal doesn´t mean that she´s the leader of the group. All the girls has their own projects - Kimberley is face of New Look, Sarah is acting, etc.

Yes, Cheryl is the most famous of them but it doesn´t mean she´s the leader.

but her name and fame does relate to the group so she does make the most publicity for the group.

oops about the L'Oreal that was a bad example anyway they are doing solo projects but Cheryl has been picked for the most important ones

Yes, Cheryl is the most famous. She's the wife of a footballplayer, she's a member of GA so she lives a different life than all the other girls. is more in the spotlight and more familiar with the audience so I don't think it's weird she got picked for the biggest projects. And to be honest I think her private life plays a big part in this..

Yes, Cheryl is the most famous. She's the wife of a footballplayer, she's a member of GA so she lives a different life than all the other girls. is more in the spotlight and more familiar with the audience so I don't think it's weird she got picked for the biggest projects. And to be honest I think her private life plays a big part in this..

Yeah thats what im meaning :lol: we got there in the end.

Can't stop listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2rZVOdOCPY

Here's her L'Oreal commercial. She's so cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3EEIcPkcO4

P.S. Has anyone heard Boyz II Men's cover of Take That's Back for Good? Nadine is the female vocalist on the track. Her voice isn't the best for this song, because her accent is too prominent IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
are they going to release more songs or did they separate?

They've taken some time off to focus on their own things--Cheryl released a solo album, Nadine's in the process of recording I think, Kimberley's done some modeling and radio programmes and went to Uganda, Nicola's doing a documentary about tanning and Sarah was in the most recent St. Trinian's film. But as far as I know, they've still got a three album contract with their label and supposedly they're going to be recording later this year. Fingers crossed!

i'm glad that we'll be hearing more from them; i like them as a group, i don't think they will succeed much on their own (i know cheryl is doing pretty good but i don't see her becoming really big)

Hopefully they get back together for something this year and maybe even perform at London 2012 olympic opening ceremony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koitoast
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->