Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

Hedi with the current management team at Chanel is going to be a disaster, especially judging by the most recent interview with the Chanel CEO. Also, can you imagine him dressing Anna Wintour for the Met Gala?
Chanel new CEO is put there for optics/harmonise the internal teams & company culture etc Bruno has the real power business wise and knows that creatives are free and the company build around it all that is needed. as he did & said with Karl

Hedi makes and made it work everywhere he goes because he delivers a clear package and guidelines, that's why any ceo by his side can be mediocre and still succeed ...i wish i could say more regarding so called brilliant ceo ´s 🤐

Hedi at Chanel they will find ways for it to work, it's like Hermes (at times slower pace) has a messy/organic ways of governance like a family business.
Anything for the house to have continued success and these deals are straightforward.

Thinking more about it, Hedi has lots in comonwith KL they both think about the silhouette and most important they both said the same thing fashion should be fun and they don't shy away from commerciality in their offerings.

Virginie Viard worked alongside Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel for over 30 years now and its could be true what Miss tweed said that she wants to enjoy life and take time for herself and do other things.

Chanel reporting revenue of almost $11 billion for fiscal year 2018 with Karl final year to now doing $17.2 billion for fiscal year 2022 she can be proud to take a step away soon if it's true that is what she wishes.

I like Virginie at Chanel not all collections or looks especially HC are amazing or well thought out, but in the end many women find lots of real pieces to wear and she always have hit items that people go crazy for, most Chanel clients are like cult members its very much a club and connected to a way of lifestyle that is in its own bubble.

ALL BRANDS make UGLY basic commercial stuff Hermes & Celine etc included, many normal high earning people need basic things as well and don't care for high fashion as in runway items that we need to take into account what drives big sales to keep the lights on is a less pretty or high fashion idea of tastes Hedi proved he can do it so chanel is not that snob to think not to value a person like Hedi to follow after Virginie.

he will be at chanel a few years and retire if he ever goes there at all. i cant really see him doing long stints as creative director anywhere cause he is so limited when it comes to actual fashion. he should be working in a magazine instead where he would be able to bring his vibe.

in hindsight hiring mr ancora at gucci they were probably thinking his job was to rebrand gucci and offer basics like slimane at celine/ysl. Then hopefully find someone with talent to continue the success and in gucci's case, the failure.

Frankly I have no desire to buy anything from Jacquemus, I think he's cheesy, I dont care for his personal life announcements, and his clothes aren't all that..

JWA makes some great inspiring conceptual clothes but I can't stand the nonsense that comes out of his mouth after a show in front of reporters.. He is for sure one of the leaders of his generation that help keep the fashion system safe and its heirachy in place and stable...

I buy and wear Hedi's clothes because they fit my body shape, classic but sharp, sometimes music inspired sometimes just timeless archetypes...

His photo diary that he has done for years demonstrates his authentic community he surrounded himself within. From Berlin, to London, al over America, and back to Paris and Saint Tropez, Between Parties/festivals and concerts that most designers of certain wealth and prestige would not be curious enough to step foot into as it was beneath them.. This started pre instagram... he was already communicating on his own site in his way...

He is not of the generation to produce content for the sake of it and thank goodness..He stands up for his values not the fashion system ones...if he chooses no vogue, great....his life his choice. His biggest challenge is to gain relevance to a younger audience who didn't experience the Dior Homme moment. Rock music is not as pop anymore, and there are other more authentic voices in more popular music genres right now

I was wondering...imagine if Hedi would get into reggaeton and twerking...he has to keep up with the kids!

SsM0.gif

gifer.com

All the recent images on the Celine IG have been dated and shot by Hedi in 2023. This new one shows Danielle shot April 2024
danielle.png

All the recent images on the Celine IG have been dated and shot by Hedi in 2023. This new one shows Danielle shot April 2024
View attachment 1267501
until they are negotiating or nothing is made official you dont stop working but it gives hope :-) i like the new ambassador its giving french actress in cannes on press tour (meets korean pop twist :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->