Hedi Slimane Launches 'Saint Laurent Diamonds' Jewellery Line

Koibito

Reaction score
Hedi Slimane Launches 'Saint Laurent Diamonds' Jewellery Line

uMrhiAhl.jpg

Hedi Slimane has launched a new line of stunning diamond jewelry for the Parisian luxury house, entitled ‘Saint Laurent Diamond'. Slimane’s latest jewelry collection features stunning modernist designs in gold, set with brilliant-cut diamond paving.

The hand-crafted jewelry line, which features rings and bracelets for men and women, follows “the tradition and savoir-faire spirit of Parisian joaillerie,” says the brand. Customers have the choice of 18K gold or 18K white gold set with diamonds and according to Saint Laurent

senatus.net

Just another accessory and another ad campaign to distract from the sorely under-designed clothes.

And he'll engrave the Saint Laurent Paris name into the gold like he has been doing, which makes it utterly foul and gaudy. No thanks!

since everything else Hedi does is so steeped in tradition and savoir-faire spirit...

since everything else Hedi does is so steeped in tradition and savoir-faire spirit...

Actually, it is. The one major plus to Hedi being at Saint Laurent is that he's raised the quality across the board. The clothes, as far as I can tell, are extremely well done, some of them, despite what we think of the designs, border on demi-couture.

I think it's great he's expanding into fine jewelry, it's been one of the stronger product rangers.

Actually, it is. The one major plus to Hedi being at Saint Laurent is that he's raised the quality across the board. The clothes, as far as I can tell, are extremely well done, some of them, despite what we think of the designs, border on demi-couture.

I think it's great he's expanding into fine jewelry, it's been one of the stronger product rangers.

This is very true. The designs have not been revolutionary, but the quality has been raised across the board. YSL products have always been well done, but Hedi has improved on many of them in terms of the quality control and the materials used.

I would not say the quality is so high as I own some of the sparkly chelsea boots and the glitter is starting to wear off and I have not even worn them that much. We'll see how this turns out.

I can only imagine what the prices of these will be. The costume jewelry they sell is in the thousands, and that is just vermeil.

I would not say the quality is so high as I own some of the sparkly chelsea boots and the glitter is starting to wear off and I have not even worn them that much. We'll see how this turns out.

I guess that would happen with whomever chooses to work with a material like this. It's a stylistic choice to do glitter-y shoes, and I'm sure the overall construction of the shoe (unlike, for instance, that of Rick Owens' shoes) is good, but there is no way to avoid it being a rather delicate treatment.

Anyway, as far as the clothing is concerned, the quality at Saint Laurent has never been better than it is today. I have hardly seen as clean stitchwork on the most slippery of silks and more precise tailoring here, unless we were to compare with Tom Ford's or maybe Thom Browne's suiting (which come at an even higher price point as Hedi's Saint Laurent tuxedos).

All the jewellery he made so far are fantastic.

This is about as exciting as a bill from your dentist's office.

That is one of the most unremarkable jewellery lines I've ever seen.

Nice, It's simple but classic.
I think the Savoir faire is a nice strategy for a luxury brand like Saint Laurent. You can't keep releasing multi collections a year to compete with the market. I think he had the vision of what is Saint Laurent. Even the range of products become wider, the quality is there.

I really like the Saint Laurent jewelry already offered but, as is with everything Saint Laurent, the prices are nuts. I can't even imagine what they're going to charge for these pieces. No doubt it will start at 5 figures.

this makes sense, considering other fashion houses with the same heritage have fine jewelry lines (dior, vuitton, chanel). And i'm sure it'll extremely well made (and extremely high priced). considering he was producing toothpaste tube covers and razor blade handles as accessories at dior homme, this is a huge upgrade on the accessory front (which is by far the strongest part of saint laurents current offerings in my opinion).

side note; the hedi hate is hilarious. i'm sure this thread could have been titiled "hedi slimane saves children from burning orphanage" and people would have commented "that pompous ***!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->