Hot Curlers / Rollers

satine112

Reaction score
Hot Rollers

Hey guys and gals,

I would like your opinion on the best hot rollers out there. The $$$ and the $ ones. Which ones kept your style the longest? Which ones are you just plain satisfied with in every way?

Thanks! :flower:

p.s. i have thin curly hair, but i want to go for the loose wavy look, and a curling iron takes too darn long! (20 mins +)

wow...no one here uses hot rollers??? ah well. I've tried the "ceramic" conair ones..you know, in the purple box. I used it once and i didn't like it, so i returned it. Maybe i didn't give it enough of a chance. I'll try it again i guess.

I thries the Conair ones with the cushy things wrapped around them, I think they were teflon or something. They didn't work well at all! I stopped using them but I think ones without that cushy foam thing around them would work better. Sorry Im no help! :doh:

that's ok, i'm just glad someone replied...i hate wasting money. Thank goodness Bartell has a good return policy! lol

Yeah, the ones that i tried are ceramic conair ones...in fact, on that episode of queer eye for the straight girl, the one where they did that brunette girl that went on a speed dating thing after...they got her to use them in her hair, and it looked really cute at first, but as the night wore on...owch! lol

I have longish, straight, medium-fine hair. I want to get nice curls and waves and have been saving up my shoppers optimum points to get a hot curlers set.

Dropping by the store the other day, I notice that they only have two sets. One has 10 jumbo rollers, the other has 20 various sized rollers. Now, more would seem better, but I don't know how I would use all the different sizes. Is it better to just get the ten jumbos, and then just do half my head at a time? Why do they have various sizes anyways (only four of each size isn't that useful either)? I have a pretty good 3/4" curling iron that I can use for smaller curls.

So. Any suggestions?

This thread can also be for just tips on how to use hot curlers, and different brands. I have no idea how to put them in, what product to use to make them stay. do they go in vertical or horizontal. etc. etc. So feel free to ask unrelated hot curler questions (or comments).

OMG.. I got my hot curlers with my optium points as well.. LOL! and it works great!!

I love hot rollers! It's the southern gal in me
I use lots of different sizes to get a natural look, and lots of different directions too. I like any kind by conair.

*AndoraStar* said:
OMG.. I got my hot curlers with my optium points as well.. LOL! and it works great!!

Haha! that's hilarious! What kind of set did you get? What size rollers?

brokenenglish said:
I love hot rollers! It's the southern gal in me
I use lots of different sizes to get a natural look, and lots of different directions too. I like any kind by conair.

Ah! so that's why they have various sizes!

*AndoraStar* said:
Mine is the conair as well, with different sizes

That's the one that I ended up getting. I used ICE Whip mouse before putting the curlers in. Some curls turned out (though the texture of the hair was gross... from the mouse) and some didn't turn out at all (especially my longer hair in the back.

Any suggestions on what products to use with hot curlers? Pre/post treatment to help maintaint he curl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->