Is fashion self expression?

but it can also mean that that person is quite boring :wink: or that he just don't care

fashion can very well be a form of self expression personally i see it as another outlet to express myself in a creative way.

although for some people fashion is a chance to conform some people feel safer when they relate to a certain group or sub culture.

then there are the people who dont see clothes as fashion they mearly see them as a practical way to cover their bodies.

i believe it all depends upon the individual.

fashion...???...hmm...no...i don't think so .....

the clothes do not always make the man...
but often, they can tell you something about him..

:wink:

I agree.
Although what they say may or may not always be true.

The way someone dresses is meanful, it´s a way of communicating something even if it says "i don't care about those things" but it's not a reliable way to try to "know" someone. There are persons that are totally what they dress but others that their personality/way of life is at odds with how they decide to portray themselfs. I´m one of those cases and it´s not always a positive experience.

I think people should never just assume one's style to be a reflection of one's personality. For some people, it can be a way of expressing themselves (which is great), but to must of us, it probably isn't.

If you consider a certain style to be the visible equivalent of a certain character trait you will inevitably start making assumptions that are by no means true. Someone who dresses in a more minimalistic way would most probably be perceived as boring. Yet personally I prefer to dress more simple so my clothes won't take away the attention from who I am as a person. I don't want my clothes to speak for me. I want my personality to do so. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and I certainly don't think that I'm boring :wink:
And there are plenty more reasons as to why people dress the way they do that have nothing to do with their personality.

So I guess my answer would be no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newseeker
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->