Journal du Textile ranking 03.2005

nqth

arndom
Reaction score
from leform.ru

In March professional magazine - Journal du Textile compiled the list of the most creative brands by the buyers’ opinion poll. Twenty first names are:

Jean-Paul GAULTIER
Yohji YAMAMOTO
Dries VAN NOTEN
John GALLIANO
DOLCE and GABBANA
Ann DEMEULEMEESTER
CHLOE
CHANEL
Alexander McQUEEN
Marc JACOBS
COMME DES GARCONS
PRADA
Martin MARGIELA
BALENCIAGA
MARNI
Junia WATANABE
LANVIN
VIKTOR&ROLF
Rick OWENS
Helmut LANG

Ok, wait...Dolce and Gabbana and Lanvin are there..but Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme isn't?!?!

but Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme isn't?!?!

What's wrong with Lanvin? Alber Elbaz is THE MAN at the moment.

Cut D&G, MJ, Chloe and Galliano and that is a suprisingly good list.

i was reading this also ngth...thanks foir posting it...:flower:
leform is a store in russia, am i right?...

PrinceOfCats said:
What's wrong with Lanvin? Alber Elbaz is THE MAN at the moment.

Cut D&G, MJ, Chloe and Galliano and that is a suprisingly good list.

Yes, I agree with the second part, but Lanvin I don't think is enormously creative or groundbreaking.

Now, as much as it pains and embarrasses me to say this, it's insane to say Galliano is not creative. His creations are bizarre, and I find them hideous but I still enjoying looking at his Haute Couture...because they are very interesting and detailed. Yes, awfully tacky... but lacking creativity? I really doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry I'm a bit confused, is this a general list or is this in terms of textile use? Either way, Lanvin deserves to be there. To say alber isn't innovative is shocking to me. He has set so many trends.

<oops-sorry meg...hit the wrong button>

How was slimane ground breaking in the textile department or in overall creative design?

He defintely was not ground-breaking in the former, at least.

He was continuing a style already there, but he did make it blow up.

Hes also a relatively new designer compared to these guys, which says something as well.

I think a ton of these people deserve to be here if you look at thier old designs.

Defintely Lang.

Chloe and D & G should be taken off.

it didn't say anything specifically about textile use meg...just a list according to what the buys voted for...what i am trying to figure out is if it is only european buyers...which i'm thinking it is because journal du textile is french...

i have to say i was pleasantly surprised with this list...seems like there is beginning to be a general consensus about the direction fashion is going in,...

and btw...as far as slimane...i believe that the list is of womenswear designers gentlemen... :wink: :flower: ...

It would be nice if this was actually about the textiles :lol:

but as far as buyers go...i think Chloe deserves to be on that list. I mean this isn't a list of the 10 greatest designers of all time...and phoebe has been doing a good job these past couple of seasons and despite the heavily inflated prices, from what i've seen, the stuff really sells so in that sense, i don't mind her there.

You are welcome, Softgrey:-)
Yes, Leform is in Moscow, v. nice store. I think they are the first who stocked CdG, Junya, MMM, Dries... in Russia.

I remember JPG and Yamamoto are always the the top of the list.

It seems creativeness isn't be the same for everyone:-))) Helmut Lang is there, Ann D too, as well as D&G, but one can't help but thinking about the amount of sale.

nqth said:
the most creative brands
I think they're talking about most creative brands, they never said anything about textiles.

00001.L.JPG
attachment.php

I dunno..you tell me.. :flower: :lol:

softgrey said:
it didn't say anything specifically about textile use meg...just a list according to what the buys voted for...what i am trying to figure out is if it is only european buyers...which i'm thinking it is because journal du textile is french...

i have to say i was pleasantly surprised with this list...seems like there is beginning to be a general consensus about the direction fashion is going in,...

and btw...as far as slimane...i believe that the list is of womenswear designers gentlemen... :wink: :flower: ...

Ah, I did not read that. Then it would make sense. I really do like that list if we exclude, or weed out, the ..weeds? :lol:

Oh, and thx, Ngth :flower:

Interesting. Pretty good list. Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->