Look A Like Shoes

terrywedge.jpg

On the left, Baby Phat coming in at $37.50.
On the right, 'Poppy' towelling wedge by Jimmy Choo coming in at $290.

aldomj.jpg

On the left we have Marc Jacobs, from the 2004 resort collection. They retailed around £350, but they're fairly impossible to get hold of now.
On the right we have a pair from Aldo, coming in at £59.99.

On the left, Pucci 'Dance' for $450 a pair.
On the right, Faith's 'Holey' sandals at £45 a pair.

interlace.jpg

On the left, we have Manolo Blahnik coming in at $525.
On the right, a silver pair from Asos coming in at £28.00. (also comes in gold)

WOW! Peach.. those look a likes are AWESOME.. especially the MJ.. each shoe you posted looks just like the knock off...

Just goes to show that you don't have to skimp on style when you don't have the extra cash. :smile:

Those are spot-on! If I didn't look closely at the Marc Jacobs or Jimmy Choos, I would have thought they were different versions of the same shoe.. good job :smile:

Faith is absolutely killer when it comes to knocking off high end shoes. Subtle changes make them very styish, yet not tacky in a "Gee, I couldn't afford Burberry shoes, so I just settled on these"

bluebp.jpg

On the left, we have Burberry Prorsum Spring / Summer collection,
while on the right, we have the Faith equivalent at £35.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of this begs the question;

When does a 'knockoff' become a copyright or trademark infringement?

P.Peach said:
Faith is absolutely killer when it comes to knocking off high end shoes. Subtle changes make them very styish, yet not tacky in a "Gee, I couldn't afford Burberry shoes, so I just settled on these"

On the left, we have Burberry Prorsum Spring / Summer collection,
while on the right, we have the Faith equivalent at £35.
Okay, whoa here - I've got to side with AlexN on this one. The Burberry have high, slim wedges and a clear white background to set off the pattern. The Faith have a lower, graceless wedge that is too fat in cross section, and the muddy yellowish background does nothing to enhance the pattern. Truly:sick:

infringement

Actually, copyright does not protect useful items, such as articles of clothing, shoes, handbags, furniture, etc. So knockoffs can not be infringements of copyright. Additionally, protection would not fall under patent protection, as patents cover 3 areas: design, machine, plant (usually drugs). So look-a-likes are not infringement.

Now, if you are selling a look-a-like WITH the name on it (LV, Balengicaga, etc.) that could be trademark infringement. But as long as they don't use a name, its all perfectly legal, in the US anyways. I'm fairly certain its very similar in the EU as well.

Additionally, if they are using a fabric design that is hand made (not a random machine made design) that could fall under copyright protection. But most of those knock-offs show use different fabrics so the company's could not claim infringement on their fabric design.

mjcopies_1.jpg

Anyone in the mood for Marc Jacobs-esk shoe, without the price tag?

Right:Marc by Marc Jacobs $715
Left: Topshop's at £75

P.Peach said:
On the left, we have Manolo Blahnik coming in at $525.
On the right, a silver pair from Asos coming in at £28.00. (also comes in gold)
:shock: except for the colour I would never have told those apart, a perfect similarity

I am going to get those topshop boots too, they are stunners!!

Louis Vuitton fw 10/Zign ss 12

rubymines/zalora

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemercedes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->