Marc Jacobs Handbags 2022 : Winona Ryder by Harley Weir

Br3ncon1

Reaction score
Winona Ryder by Harley Weir:

C17836-EC-BD42-403-C-8-E8-E-0-F661-AF2-C63-F.jpg

Vogue USA

Winona looks great but that photo could be a bts shot.

Love the picture of Winona. But that rather pedestrian bag ruins the composition and overal strength of the image. He needs a better photographer and stronger image making.

I must say Winona is aging very well (and has a good dermatologist). Even through the post production there's a great foundation there and she looks gorgeous.

Alas, everything else is a miss. The bag looks like a duty-free department store makeup carrier and I can't get over them STILL hustling those shoes. Although they do look far more desirable - and so does that low cut dress - when pitted against that bag, which is what you don't want, unless that is their strategy. Using the bag to make everything else look good by comparison...?

I think it looks striking in print, and Winona is perfect for Marc Jacobs.

The fact that she's one of Marc's longtime muses makes this cute for me. Even though she looks deranged and witchy in the second preview.

Doesn't look like Harley Weir's work at all. Marc was better of with Sims. I never liked Teller nor his work.

Love Winona, she's always been a perfect fit for Marc Jacobs and I like the slightly nutty/witchy vibe, it feels very true to her. It also amuses me that the styling with the green bag has her in a dress that shows about an acre of cleavage but the overall spirit is so not-sexy, just kooky.

I don't love the bags (articles have been saying they're Stam-inspired? The only resemblance I see is in the chain handle, the shape, lack of quilting and Snapshot closure are nothing at all like the Stam). Also compared to Winona's 2003 and 2015 MJ campaigns, I don't love this. But Winona's always fun to watch in a photograph, so points for the choice of model.

She should have been in those recent Vogue covers instead Millie.

I agree, but I also think she consciously avoids too much press/publicity duties as a matter of policy, especially after it became clear Stranger Things was such a monster hit (she did most of the publicity duties for season 1 but reduced her media appearances from season 2 onwards). I mean, I would love to see her on a Vogue cover again but it looks like this is as much as she's comfortable with, a one-off campaign for an old friend.

I love it and it’s a perfect match for Marc even if it feels a little dated.
a million times better than that wax-ad with Naomi.

Can he bring back that Stam bag? This one is totally blah...

I love it and it’s a perfect match for Marc even if it feels a little dated.
a million times better than that wax-ad with Naomi.

I think the most obvious difference is that Winona seems to have left her face alone and not tried to stop time in its tracks, if you know what I mean. No hate to anyone, btw, I just feel sad to see 90s modelling legends succumbing to such obvious bad work (Naomi is not the only one). And the 'natural' slightly flawed look is actually what suits Marc's brand DNA the best, and has always been part of Winona's image.

Oh my god! This collab is totally amazing! Love this image.

Love the modern gothic trajectory.

MARCHIVES COLLECTION F/W 2022.23
Photography:
Nick Sethi
Styling: Malina Joseph Gilchrist
Models/Celebrities: Kim Gordon & Coco Moore

theimpression.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member