Matt & Nat

That's right! They're so fun.
This is the one I just ordered:
sinatranavy1.jpg

sinatranavy2.jpg

(mooshoes.com)

Matt and Nat have really stepped it up in the past few seasons. I think I saw some of their bags in Bloomies not too long ago - and was like "who's this?"... but it was a nice surprise!

I really like Matt and Nat, but I think they're becoming really overpriced for a faux leather bag. I bought an awesome messenger bag from them a few years ago to use for school (it looked like an envelope) and I thought it was a bit steep at $100. But it lasted really well (although the color rubbed off on my good coat....). But I can't really justify spending $200+ on a fake leather bag, when I can get a real leather one for the same price.

But if you don't believe in wearing leather, then they're a great idea!

You raise a fair point, etc! It does do my conscience well to avoid leather when I can.

i think some of the messenger designers are quite good. however, they are in no way eco-conscious since they will take thousands of years to break down in a landfill after being thrown away. (leather takes 50 years to break down completely in a landfill)

so, i think its a bit of a faustian bargain purchasing them. also their website clearly tries to hide that a lot of the bags are made out of PVC (they only mention that the interior is made out of recycled plastic bottles).

i think the designers meant well in offering items to vegans, but i think their website needs to be more clear.

I used to follow them around the time they launched their first few collections. Sad that the mens line seems to have been frozen in time. Nothing new or exciting.

i think some of their bags are cute. i would never pay full price, though - they're always on sale at gilt, ideeli, etc.

latest additions to my Matt & Nat family:
front.jpg

front.jpg

front.jpg

(all images from mattandnat.com)

I've always liked their designs. But the prices have gotten too steep for the product. I remember when I was a teenager (12 years ago or so), the prices were more along the $30-45 range. Then they got up to around $60-80. Now, they seem to be in the $100-120 range. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian so $100 is too much for a bag made out of plastic, imo. I can get one like that at Aldo for less.

I agree with EVBC. I would pay those prices for leather, but not pleather or plastic. Nice designs, though.

I find myself waiting till the model I want to appear on Gilt honestly.

New season online here.....beautiful designs! A lot of good points have been raised in this thread, but being vegan there really is no better brand :D

Matt & Nat is my new favorite brand...have picked up a few on Gilt and really love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->