Mature skin products on young skin?

fashionlives

Reaction score
is it bad to use cleansers, toner and lotions for mature skin, if you have young skin? what is the bad effects if any?

do young skin need night creams/lotions?

thanks for your help :flower:

I don't think it's bad to use mature items on young skin. I think that the only issue you may run into is that more mature products are typically more moisturizing and contain more potential pore clogging ingredients.

Young skin does need moisture, of course, but usually not as much as older skin as younger skin still typically has more active oil glad production.

yeah i think it depends on what you are looking for. ive been using some of the stuff that's for wrinkle prevention etc that's traditionally targeted towards older demo (am in my late 20s) and actually see it helps with keeping my skin more "youthful." i have oily skin so i dont use the super rich cream stuff, but just things that are more enriched with vitamins, etc.

Suburban Snob - why do they have potential pore clogging ingredients?
would it do that to mature skin as well?

igotgoodjeans- yes with some wrinkle products, the label states, it prevents new lines and wrinkles! so im hoping to use them to preserve my skin.. because i don't knoe if later on in life, skincare would help fix wrinkles.... so i want to try prevent wrinkles as much as possible! .....so what skin care routine do you use? .... what older demo skin care are you using

I always had crappy skin, even when I was really young. Then I started exfoliating twice daily and using lots of AHAs. My skin is looking much younger, or normal. As you get older, your skin cells don't turn over as quickly. I think this has always been my problem. It's kind of depressing. But it does depend on your own personal needs.

Well a lot of anti-aging products or products geared towards more mature skin just naturally have a lot of moisturizers as older skin needs a lot more moisture than younger skin. The creams are a lot richer in my experience. Of course, you know your skin better than anyone else. I know that my skin cannot handle creams that are thick and have a lot of oil so I look for oil free items. My skin doesn't need a lot of moisture.

is it bad to use cleansers, toner and lotions for mature skin, if you have young skin? what is the bad effects if any?

do young skin need night creams/lotions?

thanks for your help :flower:

I don't know if it's bad, but I hear that some things geared towards mature skin can be too harsh or irritating to young skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->