Miss Universe 2013

MyNameIs

Reaction score
For some reason I've been really into the Miss Universe pageant this year. I've been following all the official photos that were released, kept up with the rumor mill and even watched the preliminary competition live the other day. :huh::innocent:

It's being held in Moscow this year. The final is on Saturday, where 86 contestants will compete for the crown. These five seem to be the consensus frontrunners for the crown (in alphabetical order:(

PHILIPPINES
qhocQwv.jpg
nDgynFD.jpg

POLAND
xGK6ddn.jpg
zcqjSE6.jpg

PUERTO RICO
5kKVWUt.jpg
8A2nrDH.jpg

SPAIN
6uKAxmu.jpg
SivWoQu.jpg

UKRAINE
nr8Mngo.jpg
i7DlbKS.jpg

missuniverse.com

Some of the others who are strong contenders to make the Top 15 are France, Great Britain, USA, Russia, Venezuela, Korea, Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Israel, Brazil, Australia.

Here's a link to all contestants
http://www.missuniverse.com/members/contestants/year:2013

Ukraine always has strong misses, but I hope this time she goes to distance in the event. BTW what happened to the last Miss Universe thread?

Idk. I searched for one but nothing came up. There's one for 2007 and a Miss World thread. If there is a Miss Universe thread that I missed, maybe mods could move it there.

Btw, I'm still bitter about Ukraine's loss in 2011. Olesya was perfect.

Idk. I searched for one but nothing came up. There's one for 2007 and a Miss World thread. If there is a Miss Universe thread that I missed, maybe mods could move it there.

Btw, I'm still bitter about Ukraine's loss in 2011. Olesya was perfect.

I know. :cry:
I found the thread using google, but it says something like "you don't have permission to watch this thread" or something you know how discussions get heated here at TFS. Anyway.
This year Im not too fond about our candidate: Paulette Samayoa, because I think another girl should've won the Miss Guatemala. :(

I also like Marilyn Ramos from South Africa. :heart:

They chose Costa Rica (who looks like the baby of Cindy Crawford and Eva Longoria) as the 1st finalist of the evening, and then didn't call her the next round?... instead they call Julia Roberts-mouth-types like Venezuela and Dominican Republic?? ... I turned off the TV :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. Even in a year that was supposedly "Europe's year", Latin America dominated once again. I can't believe France, Italy and POLAND didn't even place. Ukraine was robbed again. I'll never understand the obsession that MU has with Venezuela. From the final two, Spain should've been the winner. Actually, Spain was the best in the whole Top 5.

Anybody following MU this year? I really have no idea why I've been so interested in it, but it's a lot of fun.

The final is on Sunday, January 25. I think the five top contenders for the crown are as follows:

Colombia

Mexico

Spain

Ukraine

USA

missosology

Others whom I think could make the top 16 are: Australia, Ecuador, Costa Rica, France, Gayana, Indonesia, Jamaica, Lithuania, Philippines, Russia, Venezuela (the last would be very undeserving, imo).

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanted South Africa to win, because she's not only drop-dead gorgeous, but I believe she's the one who'd make the most out of her winning. However, I'm predicting a Colombia/Ukraine win, with Jamaica as a runner-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->