Monique Lhuillier F.W. 2010 New York Bridal

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
New York – For the traditional bride, the wedding day is the chance to dress and feel like a princess, and Monique Lhuillier, known for her dreamy, romantic bridal gowns worn by celebrities like Jewel, Ashley Simpson and Alicia Silverstone, is the go-to designer for the ultimate fantasy dress. Lhuillier's Fall 2010 bridal collection, which she showed in New York on Sunday, Oct. 18, stressed exactly that kind of fanciful spirit for which she's known. Entitling it "Fairytale Winter Wedding," Lhuillier's brides wore gowns that transformed them into art works worthy of being admired on a pedestal. A life-size photo printed backdrop on the runway showed a medieval cloister with black and white marble tile floors and gothic archways, which were the architectural elements that the dresses mimicked with asymmetrically pleated bodices that twisted around the body or with geometric tulle appliqués. The dominant silhouette for Lhuillier this season was the strapless A-line, the quintessential princess gown, and romantically tufted skirts and bodices embellished with crystals were the icing on the cake - or, in keeping with Lhuillier's theme, glittering snowflakes in the sky. It wasn't just weddings or winter on Lhuillier's mind as she designed this collection, however. "I wonder what my daughter would choose to wear," mused Lhuillier on her program notes. "I can't wait to see baby Sophia in five weeks." Lhuillier has a baby due in November.

fashion wire daily

Attachments

• monique1.jpg
    monique1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 128
  • monique2.jpg
    monique2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
  • monique3.jpg
    monique3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2
  • monique4.jpg
    monique4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
  • monique5.jpg
    monique5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 11
  • monique6.jpg
    monique6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
ive read she is working on a lower priced bridal collection for 2010. not sure if they were presented this week at New York Bridal or as part of this collection.

Not excited about any of those dresses, actually..

Too much going on for my bridal taste, I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->