Mythic rises to fame and superstar status from 2000 onwards

Erzébeth II

Reaction score
People say that the supermodel is a 90s phonemenon, but at the same time, there have been big girls in the 00s who have had campaign-sweeps and done lots of important shows and editorials. Gisele, Natalia, Daria then Gemma (and now, maybe Sasha?) <--- wouldn't these girls be paid the same extraordinary sums that the supermodels got? And they've become celebrities now and they go to film festivals and the like.

Why is everyone thinking sasha is very big.. I mean she only did Prada & Armani fragrence. She will never be liked outside the fashionworld, because she's not the typical pretty-girl (in my eyes) I don't think she will be big outside the fashionworld so I guess no superstar-status for sasha. I think Gemma has what it takes, because some people see her as a style-icon..

Well time will tell...

I think the closest top model to supermodel stardom is definitley Doutzen Kroes. She is able to model both high fashion and commercial. She has a commercial appeal which is basically the ticket to supermodel stardom. The general public is interested in commercial models like Marisa Miller, Adriana Lima, Petra Nemcova, and the likes. They're not interested in high fashion unique models like Sasha. For this year, I think Doutzen will get more exposure because of L'oreal. VS has already helped her get exposure to the general public. I also think my other fave Bianca Balti will get much exposure, cause there's a rumour all over the internet that she's replacing Gisele as the next VS Angel. Well the rumour started when someone posted it on her wikipedia page. I also think that Rose H.W. will be the next Alessandra Ambrosio because they have similar looks. On the most recent episode of Showbiz Tonight, they were asking sexy supermodels to return in 2007. They said that they missed these curvy women with personalities on the runway. They were also talking about how fashion shows are boring nowadays because there are models with no personality just walking like dead zombies. I agree. Models should have personalities on all fashion shows, not just the VS fashion show. Models need to bring sexyback to the runway. I'm tired of the waify model trend. Bring back curves and personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->