new heels on shoes/boots?

stilista

Reaction score
:blush: I did a very stupid thing and broke the heels from my favourite new boots clean off.

The heels are pretty thin and high, and because of the way they came off, I don't think the same heels can be attached back on.

Has anyone ever had new heels on shoes or boots? In the shoe repair place I see all sorts of new heels on the wall, but I'm scared to have them replaced in case it makes the boots unstable and they break soon after. It's also quite expensive to have them replaced (around $100) so I would want to make sure it was going to last...

Would love any help as I am desperate to wear my boots again :cry:

hmm...no...i've had heels shortened...but not replaced...
there is a place here that everyone goes to who i would trust to do absolutely anything though...do you have a place like that over there?...

a place that say...editors from british vogue use to repair samples, and their personal stuff...etc...

if you did...then i would trust whatever they said...:flower:

I have had my heels replaced, I go through heels like anything!

It cost me about £40 to have metal studded heels put in, as I had completly snapped off one of my heels. They are ok still, about 3 months on, but it depends how much you wear the boots, if they take a lot of wear they will need to be replaced more often.

Thanks guys :flower:

There are a few shoe repair guys in London who seem to have good reputations, SoftGrey, so I'll try there..one is supposed to be the official 'fixer' for Choo, and Harvey Nichs send stuff to too, so I assume they must be of a decent standard.

Thanks Kimbyanne, that's good to hear. You feel quite safe wearing them? They don't feel wobbly or funny at all? I was just scared they would snap off within a few days of wearing them, as I was going down the escalator on the tube or something treacherous! I just don't want to risk my life for the sake of some boots, so wanted to make sure they would be safe! :unsure:

Lol! No, they are fine. Better than when I brought them actually!

Most places are really good, you could ask them to put metal heels or tips to make them extra strong.

I have had about 4 pairs of shoes re-heeled and not one has snapped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->