New Jeweler trying to sell to retailers

jennycones

Reaction score
I've created a necklace line with handmade 14K solid gold pieces, and chunky semi-precious crystals, intricately designed, but with a modern feel. They will retail at about $2000. I'm gearing up to approach retailers to try to get them in stores. I get so much interest from individuals who see me wearing them, but I'd rather work through a retailer.

I'm going to try to position them in jewelry stores that specialize in original, handcrafted pieces, in about the same price range. I want to stay away from stores that are too "craft" oriented as well as too trendy. I live in Los Angeles, and I need to come up with one or two stores in every other major US city. Any ideas? So far I have:

Los Angeles: Moondance on Montana, Kaviar & Kind on Sunset
Seattle/Portland: Twist
Dallas: Ylang-Ylang
New York: Fragments and the Yellow Door
Miami: Simons & Green
Boston: ???
D.C.: ??? (Although I think DC might be too conservative for my stuff)
San Francisco: ???
Santa Barbara: ???
Palm Beach: ???
Chicago: ???

Keep in mind that I have only actually BEEN to the LA stores... The others I found on the internet and they seemed to be a good fit. Has anyone been to those stores?

Also, are there any other semi-professional jewelers with advice for me for this stage of my business????

THANKS! :wink:

DC isn't conservative. Depends where you go. In Georgetown and Dupont Circle we have a lot of "Fashionistas" with very deep pockets. Chevy Chase and Bethesda could be too conservative, but they have lots of Jewelry stores. I know of boutiques that could be intrested.

One that pops into mind is Relish, you may have heard of it. They sell Comme Des Garconne and other avant garde designers, fabulous. They got picked best boutique in DC and were in Cargo magazine and probably others as well. Another is Alex, they sell new and vintage designer pieces.

We're a blue state! How dare you insult us!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is this store in Bethesda called the Tiny Jewelry Box or something along those lines where they one of a kind jewelry pieces. That could interest you as well.

Wait, you're not a state! Although I truly appreciate your blueness. :wink: Thanks, I was in DC this past weekend, and I must have missed those stores. Do any of them have websites? I'll searh google....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->