Nylon Announces a Return to Print in 2024

lmelanie

Reaction score
nylon_back.jpg

Thoughts on this? I haven't been the biggest fan of the magazine since the original creator left. I still have my old issues from the first ten years of the print publication. I guess we'll see since they are coming back in Spring 2024..

source: nylonmag.com

Why would they bother? it's a bad time for publications, they're all 'hanging in there' in embarrassing conditions and Nylon was the kind of magazine that did overtime and struggled to accept its time had long passed, they were the epitome of cringe in their last years. Why not keep the nice memory of what they once were and their legacy, and maybe celebrate it digitally?.. they're going to fall down the same rabbit hole as these recycled projects tend to do: they'll identify their 'values' and reinterpret them for the current generation, so lots of woke/commodity activism/serving-social-media-and-not-the-other-way around, empty moralistic preaching but with the smug, 'cooler than you' tone Nylon developed when the magazine went downhill in its Cobrasnake days which ultimately connects with no one and they drive, yet again, into another wall, just watch it..

Why would they bother? it's a bad time for publications, they're all 'hanging in there' in embarrassing conditions and Nylon was the kind of magazine that did overtime and struggled to accept its time had long passed, they were the epitome of cringe in their last years. Why not keep the nice memory of what they once were and their legacy, and maybe celebrate it digitally?.. they're going to fall down the same rabbit hole as these recycled projects tend to do: they'll identify their 'values' and reinterpret them for the current generation, so lots of woke/commodity activism/serving-social-media-and-not-the-other-way around, empty moralistic preaching but with the smug, 'cooler than you' tone Nylon developed when the magazine went downhill in its Cobrasnake days which ultimately connects with no one and they drive, yet again, into another wall, just watch it..
It would be so cool if they just release like a digital archive with all issues

Nylon was an interesting magazine. It had its unique look and feel. Hopefully, the team will publish good work and not filler.

Back to waste more paper.

I only know that a Nylon spread was the price of ANTM during their sh*tty years.

@matheus_s From what I can find, it looks like April 2024/Spring 2024.

(I just remembered Nylon Guys used to be a magazine. :skull:)

(I used to read Nylon Guys religiousy, in my teen years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->