NYX Cosmetics

Thanks for the info FrejaV^^ I've never seen it in Norway either :(

^ Try cherry culture I Think they ship worldwide :smile:

I've been hearing a lot about them so I bought some from there a few days ago, I will post swatches once I get them.

I like their eye shadows and lipsticks.

I don't really care for their eyeliners.

I've seen NYX cosmetics everywhere recently. I've only ever bought a nail polish from that brand and it's the best one I've ever had. I'll definitely have to try their eye shadows after reading everyone's positive reviews. Unfortunately the brand isn't as cheap over here, but it's still less expensive than MAC.

NYX is already sold in German Douglas shops now... BUT at high end prices! e.g. 10 eyeshadows Palette for 46€. Utterly ridiculous business approach...

Here are swatches of some of the jumbo eye pencils
DSC05977.jpg

DSC05978copy.jpg

I like them a lot :smile: They are good as shadow bases but wearing them alone might cause them to crease a bit. I wrote a full review on my blog if you are interested.

$1.20 Anniversary Sale on Sunday May 15, 2011

NYX Cosmetics is having an anniversary sale (at nyxcosmetics.com) on Sunday May 15 from 12pm to 12am PST. Everything will be $1.20 except for the sets and train cases.

NYX Sale.jpg
12 Year Anniversary Questions

by NYX Cosmetics on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 9:29am

We're getting TONS of questions regarding the sale and we'd like to address them right here for all of our lovely fans!

1. When is the sale?
Sunday, May 15th starting at 12pm (PST) to 12am (PST)

2. What items will be on sale?
ALL individual items. NO SETS AND TRAIN CASES.

3. Is there FREE SHIPPING on purchases over $50?
No free shipping will be issued during this event.

4. What does it mean when you say "limited of 2 of the same item per customer"?
For example, you can purchase a maximum of 2 Single Eye Shadows in Taupe, but you can still buy another Single Eye Shadow in a different color. Just keep in mind that your maximum is 2 of each shade.

5. Will your team be able to respond to our inquiries during the sale?
YES! We'll be on our Facebook page all day and night just to answer your questions!

6. Can I pre-pack my shopping cart prior to the sale?
NO. Your products can be placed in your cart today and be ready to purchase for full price today as well. We won't be allowing pre-shopping jitters. :smile:

7. Are Trio Eye Shadows, 10 and 5 Color Palettes included in the sale?
YES! Those are considered for the sale as well. Those products are not large sets.

Source: facebook.com/NyxCosmetics

I want to try some of their products and they finally have a uk site but i fnd it is cheaper if you find a good ebay selling...there are few good ones on there, a specific one called Porky Daisy is good.

i wanna try:

Nyx Red Label Lipstick- many colours
Nyx Megashine lipglosses- many

and one of the concealer in jar's :smile:

^ The Mega Shine glosses are really addicting, every time I think I have enough colors I get more lol

Everything i've tried from nyx has been awful :(
Posted via Mobile Device

I ordered a Megashine Lipgloss from ebay- brand new of course in the colour "Natural" - i love the colour, packaging is cute (lil bow @ the top!) && they smell DELICIOUS.

the most gorgeous, pigmented color i've ever worn: NYX Round lipstick in Chaos.

Too bad the longevity is so dismal; one light brush against your lips and the color smudges off onto your hand. but i love the beautiful intense blue based red stain so i can work around that by blotting the color to death. or i'll pair this up with NARS Scarlet Empress for a more matte finish.

Good swatches which really show off the blue undertones are hard to find online. This image is pretty close though.

Foto+20-02-12+12+34+09.jpg

theladiesmakeup .com

NYX Strobe of Genius Palette: $19.00

Bought this solely for the gorgeous lavender highlighting shade. A pretty yet subtle lavender blush shade is nearly impossible to come by!

Sadly all the other contouring, bronze powders in this are OTT glittery.

nyx-strobe-genius.jpg

I envision an outdoorsy, windburned self a la Jamie Rishar while wearing this :lol:

Have yet to find this frost bitten lip color since I saw this look in Harper's Bazaar 1994. Stephanie Marais you are a friggin genius!

bazaar_us_october_1994_26.jpg

kelles scans

The products I have tried from the line are:

Foundation- Awful, the matte one enlarges every pore & instead of helping to cover skin imperfections & texture the foundation helps to showcase them more:roll eye:
The HD foundation is pretty... meh doesn't do much barely even out skin tone and fades off within 3 hours

Eyeshadow base: I bought 3 the flesh toned one is pretty good, I prefer it over my too faced eye shadow base, the white one with shimmer in it doesn't work well with eyeshadows the shimmers I think rub against the eyeshadow maybe? The plain white one I still didn't try...

Soft Matte Lip Creme: Don't like them at all, not only is it extremely drying it also doesn't stay on at all and finishes very quickly, not worth your money at all.

The black liquid liner in the ergonomic shape that is supposed to help you apply eyeliner in more comfortable way... its not that black and very dry formula- bad quality..

Under Eye corrector in the dark peach color: LOVE IT HG status for someone with dark circles I wear it under my concealer & after my concealer bake with loose powder & then mac mineralize skin finish - amazing no creasing cracking or texture!

I pulled out a NYX blush from my collection recently and having been wearing it every day since. I forgot how long-lasting they are, and how flattering some of the shades are. They're probably the best product from the entire NYX collection, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->