Peaches Geldof Dies Aged 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are reports out now on the cause of death; apparently, sadly, it was the same way in which her mother died. But I guess and inquest will confirm this.

The inquest was yesterday and it confirmed the reports. It's terribly sad cycle. Hopefully her sons will be able to break out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the official hearing of the inquest is set for Thursday, according to an early report from the Times London, Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose. They also report that, "Ms. Geldof, 25, had become increasingly obsessed with the death of her mother, Paula Yates, from a heroin overdose in 2000." The inquest follows an initial postmortem, which had inconclusive results. According to the Daily Mail, Kent police could not confirm or deny that the 25-year-old Geldof died of an overdose. A Kent police spokesperson said, "The inquest opens later today and that is all I can say."

Update: CNN reports on Thursday the following statement from Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham in Kent: "There was recent use of heroin and that the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death." There is an ongoing police investigation into her death.
nymag.com/thecut

Well, she definitely wasn't ready to accept responsibility. I am finished with her.

^ thank you for that article link. everyone, no matter what, deserves empathy and compassion. especially the dead, who cannot speak for themselves.

It always shocks me that there people who allow themselves to judge a person in such personal state that led her to do what she allegedly did, i would recommend them instead to pray they never get to be there.

already don't get people who take that kind of drugs, but people who take drugs when they have kids just gets no sympathy from me
what a selfish habit

The Guardian article was wonderful. No one knows what she was really going through. Motherhood is hard, for anyone. Add living in the public eye, a history of drug abuse, and an unfortunate tragedy in her youth...I don't agree with it, but I understand it. No one should pass any judgement.

Thanks MulletProof! That was informative, sensitive and sad.

People who've never been parents should really think twice before rushing to judgement, and also they should note that addiction is a lifelong disease.

It's not so simple as making righteous pronouncements.

Compassion and empathy are what are needed here. Sigh....:(

It always shocks me that there people who allow themselves to judge a person in such personal state that led her to do what she allegedly did, i would recommend them instead to pray they never get to be there.

Yeah... I'd like to second that.

what i find intriguing of this whole thing is: she obviously has issues and was clearly struggling, but she was trying to cover up whatever her personal demons are and showed deliberately to the public the exact opposite of what her life really was, it's a carefully constructed public image that is in sharp contrast with what is behind the door...a happy, idyllic motherhood versus struggling with severe, life-threatening addiction...ofcourse on one needs to reveal to the public their personal struggles, but intentionally showing an opposite picture is a different matter.
since this public image is so clearly constructed, it's by every means intentional, therefore to put it bluntly, it's a lie. an intentional untruth, a falsehood.
to have compassion and sympathy, sure, any death deserves compassion and sympathy. and those children she left behind clearly deserve all the compassion and sympathy, cause they are truly innocent, therefore, victims by their mother's acts. but a line needed to be drawn. should we feel compassion for such an act of lying and deceiving? addiction is a life long disease, maybe, but a preventable one. and it originates from personal choice. under normal circumstance no one is forced to take the substance in the first place, especially for people with first-hand knowledge of the harmfulness of the substance. should we feel compassion for such a choice? my point is sure, taking moral black-and-whiteness is not the most sensible stance in such a tragic incident, but a line needed to be drawn. there's something beyond all complexities and nuances right or wrong about certain acts. otherwise in the end a loss is a loss, and no lesson can be learned, therefore no value can be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaffir124
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->