Polos and rugby shirts on girls

I ussually wear then when I don't want to look too casual or too dressed up.

softgrey said:
excuse me...but how is a rugby or polo a GUY'S shirt?...
it's pretty much unisex...
or are you just referring to the large size?...

they are guys' shirts because they come from the men's section :P

loose, not cut for curves
and surprisingly, most of them aren't wearing their boyfriends' shirts. they're going into the mens' section at a&f and buying them.

Everyone at my school who is spotted wearing a polo, the polo, it's either A&F or Lacoste or Ralph Lauren. I like it alot. I've always found the preppy look very appealing.

I always thought that polos look better worn on someone with a smaller chest, but recently (or actually since the beginning of the school year) I've seen everyone wearing them.

i've definitely seen a lot of the polos going around with girls, it'd be nice if it turned into a more popular trend. very chic and very preppy, especially when you pair it with a denim miniskirt. seems to me that this look is perfect for spring.

i think a man's long sleeved rugby shirt on a woman can be very sexy......
if it looks too thought-out or planned though it looks horrible....

like most things, i think its best when its genuine and effortless....
a rugby shirt and jeans with messy hair and no makeup in a park on a sunny day.....:heart:

meandthebees said:
and surprisingly, most of them aren't wearing their boyfriends' shirts. they're going into the mens' section at a&f and buying them.

er, I'm sure I've seen them on the women's section too. :huh:

oK so maybe this is just me but the only time i see people wearing this si at the tennis or country club or people riding or playing sports .. what they were actually intended for ... maybe its an american thing. Ocasionally people my mums age (my mum included) will wear polos and a scarf and sunglasses and pearls to dress it up a bit .. say if they were going to watch a sports match or something ... hmmm maybe thats just an english thing lol

what about cricket jumpers?.....
similar idea.....
i remember that becoming trendy in sydney (aus) a few years ago....girls in cricket jumpers with jeans..... saw it in uk vogue the other day too.... never really looks bad, i dont think.....:flower:

i got 2 thomas burberry polo one with long sleeve and one with short sleeve
it's quite in vogue here in france. I go to the most popular private school of my town and students wear this ... and it's quite preepy.

definitely more of a staple than a trend here...every other girl you see around here is wearing one...but they always have. it goes along with the whole preppy university student thing.

definitely not for me...I prefer feminine clothes. I don't play sports, I don't have a boyfriend who plays rugby, and my daddy doesn't own a yacht - the look just isn't relevent for me. :wink:

they usually wear them with a baggy pant and converse. but it's not that sporty... it's more...a lil bit like ralf lauren polo elegance i dunno how i can explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->