• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Prada : The Iconoclasts

helmut.newton

Reaction score
The Iconoclasts by Prada

Opening in conjunction with each of the four major international fashion weeks, Prada's Iconoclast Project will see four heavyweights from the world of fashion styling making their mark on four flagship Prada stores around the world.
Commencing proceedings is Alex White of W magazine, who has left the Broadway store in New York with a lasting taste of her artistic vision. While still to come is Katie Grand transforming the London store, Olivier Rizzo waving his wand over the Milan store, and Carine Roitfeld putting her touches to the Paris store.

The Iconoclast project is, in the words of the people at Prada, a chance to highlight ‘the importance of interacting within the world of fashion at the highest and most creative level’.
Source: wallpaper.com/fashion/the-iconoclasts-by-prada-new-york/3118

White has transformed the stateside store into a sporadic world of colour-bound mannequins, dotted and herded around the yawning space.
Slouchy, Mini-Mouse-eared models take centre stage in the window display, whilst disembodied legs clad in reptile-print tights and towering heels grow uniformly out of walls. Blindfolded, purse-lipped figures huddle together in a display of the whites, creams and pastels from the collection and teetering piles of sky-high stilettos dot the shop floor, as if discarded.
2qlzeki.jpg

2uiu6hv.jpg

15gqrf7.jpg

abtvnr.jpg

Source: wallpaper.com/fashion/the-iconoclasts-by-prada-new-york/3118

With New York done and dusted and London Fashion week just around the corner, it was stylist Katy Grand’s turn to shake up Prada’s Bond Street store on the second leg of the four-city, four-editor retail remix. As with New York, each city store from London, across to Paris and down to Milan will be made over for the duration of their respective fashion weeks by a leading fashion editor.

Grand, who was given carte blanche by Miuccia Prada, took control of the entire space, including all window displays and both sales floors. Combining the spring women’s merchandise with that of the men’s was a particularly intriguing twist - flat lace up shoes paired with contrast socklettes from the women’s show were worthy of note, considering their original pairing with the seasons towering platforms.

The sockletted shoes combined with the creased blazers, crushed coats and cropped knits from the men’s spring/summer collection also looked particularly good.

Elsewhere it was ‘vintage’ prada from both the brand’s recent archives and Grand’s own, rather ample, wardrobe that stood out. Pieces from many a memorable collection from the last decade or so, including spring 05 and winter 06, were given a second life mixed in with the current collection.
Offering a refreshingly realistic take on the way real people actually wear Prada, this inter-season mingling was a stroke of genius on the part of the brand – and considering Muiccia Prada’s constant seasonal changes, there was a sense of remarkable consistency throughout.

A specially commissioned film by David Sims, shot last week in Cornwall was also shown as part of Grand’s vision for the space. The film, featuring Sim’s skateboarding friends, five burning mannequins and a Cornish skate park was accompanied in-store by a real-life skate ramp.
source: wallpaper.com/fashion/the-iconoclasts-by-prada-london/3121

Prada Bond Street, London by Katie Grand

11gpx07.jpg

axbo8.jpg

33kdph2.jpg

5jte75.jpg

21kgu3d.jpg

v3imwy.jpg

hun1jc.jpg

1zg3jpk.jpg

2z57lhz.jpg

24dixbd.jpg

source: screencapped by me from Prada.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving what Alex did & I'm really looking forward to seeing what Carine does.

Thanks for posting helmut.newton :flower:

WOW Katie did such an amazing job, she prooves yet again just how talented of a stylist she is, thanks so much for this thread, its interesting to see what different stylist's came up with.

thanks a lot ...
like the NY shop ... I would love to see this big wall-paper better ...
anybody living in NY have gone and took pictures ?

cannot wait to see Milan and Paris now ...

I absolutely loved seeing all these pictures on prada.com. Alex White's is by far my favorite...stunning, pristine, gorgeous. Would love to see in person.

Liked Katie Grand's, too. Enjoyed how she mixed vintage Prada with the SS 09 collection.

I was actually surprised at how much I disliked Carines...very tacky. There were elements I liked of it, like putting the crinkled python bags in glass displays with rubber snakes draped over and around them, but the decor was very cheesy.

I really want to see what Carine has done! :woot: Does anyone know if it will still be up in early June? I'm going to NYC and I would love to see it.

i love it and living in london i get to visit it... I might go today in fact!

thanks for posting!
those hats! incredible!!!

Prada Iconoclasts 2014 Project by Edward Enninful

models

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"