Preen Resort 2013

Prairie

Reaction score
NEW YORK, June 4, 2012
By Matthew Schneier

Preen jumped from channeling Beatrix Potter for Fall to Jeff Koons for Resort. That's the kind of left-field leap you imagine Koons himself would appreciate. Actually, the distance between them isn't as far as one might think. The natural English flowers that decorated Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi's Fall prints simply morphed into plastic-fantastic, joyfully fake blooms inspired by those that Koons creates. They gave up all pretenses of naturalism—indeed, many of the prints puddled around the hems into graphic streaks of pure, painterly color. The scale was juiced, too: Their oversized poppy and hydrangea prints, splayed on simple day dresses, pencil skirts, and cropped sweatshirts, were positively steroidal. But because Thornton and Bregazzi leavened the bombast with moments of calm—like the plain crepe back on a print-front dress—they got a lot of mileage out of going faux. Peter Rabbit might've run scared, but shoppers shouldn't. More flower, more power.

001m.jpg
002m.jpg

003m.jpg
004m.jpg

005m.jpg
006m.jpg

007m.jpg
008m.jpg

009m.jpg
010m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow I love all those vibrant prints.

I love the black skirt with the vibrate colored stripes

this is probably the best resort collection this season

Agreed! I could make that argument for them nearly ever resort and Pre-Fall season.

I absolutely love this, the prints and cuts are so romantic and flirty, but in a sophisticated way. I'm adoring that they threw in some of those neutral color-blocked suits, it adds a nice balance to the otherwise bold collection.

Wow, this is dramatic, colourful and beautiful - I love it!! A LBD to die for there too.

far and away the best this season. love it to bits.

edited to be more constructive: i'm a sucker for a large print and i love the pallette. the cuts are fab. but most of all, i love how this collection screams 'wear me on a holiday' rather than looking like some left-over S/S or F/W ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I would wear Preen all day every day if I could. Loving this.

Amazing collection.
Can't wait to see somebody in that gorgeous LBD which is the best dress I've seen this season so far. :heart:
It's graphic, coloful, coherent, very well made and it looks so flattering. Even with those bold prints or the mix of fabrics it looks very wearable and desirable. I love how they offer a full range of options. Here you have a keiller look for every occasion. I absolutely love their take on suits too; how cool and easy the daywear looks. It is a bit ladylike, you can see it in the fit of some of the dresses, the attitude is a bit uptight, the low heels etc. But at the same time it's very laidback, there's no pretention, it's efficient because it's clever. For example there's nothing better that a statement skirt and a plain white T-shirt or shirt. This is the perfect wardrobe for a modern and active lady.
Best collection of the season for sure.

Vibrant and bold yet romantic. And I really think Preen clothes do make women look smart, sleek and modern. Really flattering. The prints are knock-out. This is the best resort 2013 collection so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->