Prepare For Couture

Spacemiu

Reaction score
British Vogue
PARIS is abuzz with preparation for Haute Couture Week which kicks off on Monday. As international press, editors and high brow couture clients prepare to enjoy the bi-annual extravaganza of fashion supersights, from the likes of John Galliano at Dior, Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, Valentino and Julien Macdonald at Givenchy, some fashionistas are simply gearing up for a week of seriously glamorous parties. First on the agenda is ex-Scherrer designer Ritu Beri, who will get everybody in the mood with a soiree on Sunday night to celebrate her autumn/winter collection. Next up, ex-Yves Saint Laurent muse Loulou de la Falaise is expecting 200 of her very closest friends and press pals to celebrate the jewellery range she designed to accompany the couture line that she launched in February. Wednesday night's highlight will be a glittering bash thrown by the Gucci-owned Boucheron label - expect a full Gucci turnout, including Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen and Tom Ford. Finally, Paris' fashion governing body, the Chambre Syndicale, will host the final evening's gala which will see between 700-800 of the world's most fashionable players sipping the best Champagne and nibbling canapés in the gardens of the Sacretariat. (July 4 2003, AM)

the versace show is supposed to be 'out of this world'

cant wait to see what the original barbie has come up with this time.....

no doubt fernanda and eva in bear hugging floor length gowns with high thigh slits :wink:

i wish i was there.....i really do......perhaps i would if the b*stards at versace in milan actually let me do work experience earlier this year instead of coming up with excuses like 'there is nobody who works here by that name' or..... 'there is no room in the atelier'.....or 'but where would you stay, we cant just let you wander off on your own'

aww sean *hug*
can't wait for couture week, sounds amazing. i want photos now! despite the fact shows haven't taken place yet...

I am so excited for the couture in Paris! It's time again for sartorial flamboyance and out-of-this-world fashions. I just can't wait! :wink:

Is it that time already!! OMG! Can't wait! :D

--Dommy!

Here's the schedule again.

Originally posted by firstview
<span style='color:red'>PARIS

WOMENS HAUTE COUTURE FOR FALL WINTER 2003-2004

Monday July 7, 2003

11:00 am Torrente - Grand Hotel Intercontinental-2 rue Scribe-75009
12:30 pm Nicholas Le Cauchois-To be confirmed
2:30 pm Christian Dior- Hippodrome d'Auteuil-Allee des Fortifications-75016
5:30 pm Anne Valerie Hash - Topographie de l'Art-15 rue de Thorigny-75003
6:30 pm Adeline Andre - Galerie Anne De Villepoix-43 rue de Montmorency-75003
8:00 pm Versace - To be confirmed

Tuesday July 8, 2003

10:30 am Chanel- Cloitre de l'Abbaye de Port Royal-123 boulevard de Port Royal-75014
12:30 pm Chanel- Cloitre de l'Abbaye de Port Royal-123 boulevard de Port Royal-75014
3:00 pm Dominique Sirop -To be confirmed
5:00 pm Christian Lacroix - Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts,14 rue Bonaparte-75006
6:30 pm Ji Haye -Hotel Intercontinental-3 rue de Castiglione-75001
7:30 pm Givenchy - Le Grand Hotel - 1 rue Auber-75009

Wednesday July 9, 2003

10:30 am Franck Sorbier-Opera Comique-Place de Boieldieu-75002
12:00 pm Emanuel Ungaro- To be confirmed
1:00 pm Eymeric Francois -Grand Hotel-3 rue Scibe-75009
2:30 pm Hanae Mori - Hotel Bristol-112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore-75008
4:00 pm Scherrer -Pavillon Ledoyen-Carre des Champs Elysees-1 avenue Dutuit-75008
5:00 pm Valentino -To be confirmed
6:30 pm Carven - Hotel Intercontinental-3 rue de Castiglione-75001
7:30 pm Jean Paul Gaultier - To be confirmed

Thursday July 10, 2003

11:00 am Chado Ralph Rucci - To be confirmed
12:00 pm Libertin Louison- To be confirmed
2:00 pm Fred Sathal -Hotel Bristol-112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore-75008
3:00 pm Elie Saab - To be confirmed
4:00 pm Grimaldi Giardina -Hotel Intercontinental-3 rue de Castiglione-75001
</span>

Originally posted by Astrid21@Jul 5th, 2003 - 8:23 am

*****Chado Ralph Rucci (MOST fave)
***Dominique Sirop (adorable)
*** pm Fred Sathal (my adorable old friend)
**Adeline Andre (a standard fave)
**Libertin Louison (something ultra cool comes to mind, needs checking out )
*Christian Lacroix (always a kind of master even i dont like his work most of the time...)
Emanuel Ungaro (loved his last HC collection)
Carven (don't laugh, i honestly think they are cool for HC :P )

-Nicholas Le Cauchois (no idea who that is.. so its interesting)
-Ji Haye (no idea who this is either hmmm i want to see )
-Eymeric Francois (???? qui est ca? )
-Grimaldi Giardina (???)
always enjoy checking new comers

:ninja: here are my wierd and wonderful faves :heart:

Lena, you always seem to love things that are kinda amateur and non-well known. sometimes it really annoys me that you hate popular things :P i think you do it on purpose :wink:

:blink: well, you'll have to live with your 'annoyance' i guess acid , much more since I'm never commenting on your love for the obvious, the common and the done to death... :P

and trust me i dont shape my taste in order to annoy you :lol:

the thing about fashion that some designers dont understand is........you dont have to try to re-invent the wheel every season as it were.........its more about creating a signiature look then working with that by refining, modifying and exploring better ideas

i think we should expet we are all diffrent and have diffrent atste and some of us like more mainstream and some of us like more underground, i think with out this we would all be dead, I dount think any one is puting any kind of illusions on , why would they, this is the internet, most of us will never meet.
That said

Im very exited for

Gaultier- becuas he always has such fun and sophisticate ceatiful couture

Dior- becuas I think the couture is always very original. although im praying he stopes doing waterd down couture for pret a porter

Ann Valiere Hash(sp?)- becuas i think she has alot of intresting ideas and it is diffrent from alot of couture

Lacroix- Even though i think most of his collections all look the same , i still like him

Originally posted by Acid+Jul 5th, 2003 - 3:41 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Jul 5th, 2003 - 3:41 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>Versace will be at the Ritz Hotel[/b]

Here's an article for you to go with that, Acid. :flower:

<!--QuoteBegin-Fashion Wire Daily Paris July 3
@ 2003
Versace to Put It On at the Ritz

By Karl Treacy

Donatella's had a last-minute change of mind.

The Atelier Versace haute couture presentation that the platinum-haired designer was due to present in the Versace flagship store on Paris' tony rue du Faubourg St-Honore next Monday evening will now be shown at an even tonier address: the Hotel Ritz on Place Vendome.

In January, Versace showed her last couture collection -- a well-edited line-up of 10 looks -- in the Paris flagship to a very positive response. She is said to have been pleased with the result, since people could appreciate the couture workmanship of the clothes up-close, instead of seeing them as the incidental entertainment for a celebrity-laden front row.

A spokesperson for Versace said that there was no major reason behind the location change, save perhaps the fact that the fall couture line-up has grown to 15 pieces and the setting of the Ritz's Salon Louis XV would provide more room for the static presentation.

The Ritz is almost a spiritual home for Atelier Versace as it's there, on the covered-over swimming pool in the Health Club, that Donatella's late brother Gianni always showed the line, utilizing the dramatic sweeping staircases for the models' entrances and exits.

The Versace spokesperson stressed that there were no celebrities invited to attend the presentation. "This is about the clothes, about seeing the work of couture," he clarified. There will, therefore, be no post-presentation party, unlike previous occasions when Liz Hurley and P.Diddy drove star-starved paparazzi into a feeding frenzy at one of the legendary bacchanalian bashes.

Elsewhere on the couture calendar, Adeline Andre is moving her Monday show from one part of the Marais district to another. The new location for the 6:30pm show is Studio 58 at 58, rue Charlot.

Belgian designer Libertin Louison, a protégé of Martin Margiela, who was supposed to show after Ralph Rucci at noon on Thursday, will now present his collection in a showroom by appointment.
[/quote]

Glad Donatella is taking couture more seroiusly but I think the parties and paparazzi is the fun and essence of Versace. Though I'm not a Versace gal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->