• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rei Kawakubo and Martin Margiela

• Thread starter Deleted member 138517
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 138517

Hey everyone! I want to ask about these designers because they're the individuals who I look up to. I'd like to ask how they redefined femininity in fashion. Apparently, I'm young and I didn't have the privilege of experiencing the (sorry for the word) "hype" about them/their earlier shows as I wasn't either born yet or was still very young during those times. Are there designers today who are like them?

Do you mean designers who are among the younger set? Because Rei Kawakubo is still Rei Kawakubo today and I continue to find her collections challenging and necessary in the fashion landscape.

sounds like a homework assignment...
^_^

How Rei Kawakubo redefined femininity in fashion. Compare and contrast to young and emerging designers...
the answer is in the name of the brand...Comme des Garcons...
you should read interviews with her...

It's a good topic for a paper...
good luck with it~!!

i'm not sure i even agree that margiela fits that mold...
i would say yohji is a better example, if you are able to choose which designers you can write about...
:flower:

but as uemarasan says...
these guys are definitely more than relevant today...
they continue to be extremely influential...

in fact- margiela was hugely influenced by cdg...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->