Revillon F/W 09.10 Showroom

j´adore dior

Reaction score
From style.com

Peter Dundas Goes Straight For The Heart at Revillon

revillon.jpg

Coming off his high-energy debut for Pucci in Milan, Peter Dundas presented his Fall collection for the French fur house Revillon today. If his Pucci babes were rock ‘n’ roll, his Revillon girls are hip-hop. With House of Pain’s “Jump Around” for background music and leather baseball caps for accessories, models showed off raccoon printed with leopard spots, and another fur—in addition to raccoon, there’s fox, beaver, and mink in the collection—spliced to look like camouflage. A few jackets came with zippers wrapping around the hips so they could be worn two ways. Dundas likes to call his creations “coups de coeur,” or irresistible impulse buys. For a certain breed of young party girl with cash to spare, that’s exactly what they’ll be.

Nicole Phelps.

Well its a fur house, its to be expected.However i despise all of them here, just dont look flattering.

i prefered Rick Owens ...
his target seems very young ... and some of those furs seriously look terrible !

though i like this one ... but is it panda ? because it makes think of a panda ... and i love panda ...

Even for a fur house, this looks horrible. At first I thought it was all fake! And a bit matted looking... ew.

what? isn't rick owens desinging for them anymore? this is a mess, the furs look cheap and dull.

Does he do the rest of the clothes as well or just the fur? Rick Owens was better I agree but I'm not totally against it either. I just think the idea of 'hip hop and fur' is dated and given the current economic climate I'm not really sure who he is appealing to. Because certainly the Revillon woman is not going to want 'hip hop fur'.

Does he do the rest of the clothes as well or just the fur? Rick Owens was better I agree but I'm not totally against it either. I just think the idea of 'hip hop and fur' is dated and given the current economic climate I'm not really sure who he is appealing to. Because certainly the Revillon woman is not going to want 'hip hop fur'.
Well Rick designed the clothes while he was there, so I imagine Dundas has some hand in them.

I have to say, his work at all of the houses he's been at has yet to impress me. There's a real cheapness to his aesthetic that I just don't like, and it's not just cheapness in terms of "cheap" looking women, but cheap in terms of not expensive or luxurious.

I'd guess that these furs probably cost a fortune, but none of them look it, whereas with a house like Fendi, or even Rick Owens' own Palais Royal the product matches the pricetag.

his first collection for the house was so much better! this is a cheap mess!

They're fun but the fur doesn't even look real. It looks kind of cheap. I'm a fan but I can only see people who massive amounts of money and nothing else to spend it on buying this. It's actually really hard to see anybody really wearing this to be honest.

It's just not refined and luxurious in any sense. Just tacky, messy styling as well

......that much fur is just irritating. ANd whats with those doublt slitted skirts? They look like nappies? Um......I dunno...........its ok I guess. Rick Owens was better for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breemoca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->