Rihanna for River Island S/S 2013 : Jourdan, Ataui + Bambi by Mario Sorrenti

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
RIHANNA has unveiled her River Island campaign for the first time, hiring Jourdan Dunn and Charlotte Free to showcase her debut collection. Other featured models include Tao Okamoto, Ataui Deng and Bambi Northwood Blyth.
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti, the shoot - as with the clothing itself - is inspired by the Nineties. Models lounge on a car - against a backdrop of vibrant colour - wearing a mixture of pieces from the collection, including a black floor-length dress with daring side split, a navy jumpsuit which is unbuttoned to the navel and a striped bra top and high-waisted shorts. vogue.co.uk

Attachments

• ri1.jpg
    ri1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ri2.jpg
    ri2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 48
  • ri3.jpg
    ri3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 47
Rihanna's not casting herself to model for the clothes? Seems stupid considering that would have produced much better success. And i'm not comparing this to other celebrity designers either because this is a collaboration, anyways....good campaign, models...but seriously Rihanna's presence in this campaign would have seem much, much more relevant...oh well..

I agree for the sake of sales she would have been part of it, all the same its an awesome campaign though Ataui seems too photoshopped

Bambi looks like Hilary, but i agree she could have been in the shots with the girls

i can't speak for anyone else, but i'm pretty much DONE with the 90s revival. yes to the music, no to the clothes.

For a campaign this is the most random casting I've ever seen, Charlotte looks like a miserable teenager who's a hanger-on of this group of random girls, the only girl who works for me here is Jourdan.

I agree with Street_a_Licious on the 90's revival, it was hideous the first time round and it isn't any better now, if not worse, I think if any girl wants to dress like a s*ut she should wear this collection because that is all it's selling for me, I know of girls who dress like this because they think if they do they're cool but in fact it looks desperate and quite frankly, easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stksbnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->