Harper's Bazaar Arabia July 2012
The Extras
Photographer: Adam Browning-Hill
Stylist: Sally Matthews
hs1.jpg

hs2.jpg

hs3.jpg

zinio

Are they identical or fraternal? One of them is clearly more attractive to me than the other. Her features seem rounder.

They are really pretty and I love their hair so much, they do look a lot like renaissance paintings, also I wonder how tall they are, they both have amazing legs!

They are pretty stylish these days! Need to look out for them they are getting big.

This thread being dead for so long, with no discussion or mention of their controversial transformation probably means everyone's as lost as I was and you didn't even know this was their actual name and that they had a thread!

I had seen these curly-haired girls way way back, I figured they were bloggers or just one of the many 'streetstyle' phenomenons. Then, like most of these streetstyle people, they vanished. Years later, I keep seeing pictures of DJs (lol) "Simi and Haze" everywhere, I thought they were very pretty at first but in perhaps an artificial way (wasn't sure if the lips were real or not but I thought they were too perfectly shaped/plump) and when I googled them, the 'before and after' was recommended and... :mellow:

I find their 'change' probably the most fascinating I've seen in both real life and the celebrity world.. and not necessarily in a good way (or bad way for that matter).. I'm not a twin so it's hard to know, let alone relate, to the idea of coming to a decision where you reject what you were born with and decide to completely change what makes you identifiable, all in the company of your sister, and name included (to a totally Western version of it). It's also a good case on the effects of different cultures and cities, coming from a background that values exclusivity over literally everything and with all the purchase power to access it (purchasing the right clothes and a respectable-sounding occupation for Paris, the right face and 5 different lighthearted-sounding occupations for LA..).

eta*figured this post is kind of pointless without visuals:
simihaze1.jpgsimihaze2.jpg

simihaze3.jpgsimihaze4.jpg
[instagram.com/simihaze]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread being dead for so long, with no discussion or mention of their controversial transformation probably means everyone's as lost as I was and you didn't even know this was their actual name and that they had a thread!

I had seen these curly-haired girls way way back, I figured they were bloggers or just one of the many 'streetstyle' phenomenons. Then, like most of these streetstyle people, they vanished. Years later, I keep seeing pictures of DJs (lol) "Simi and Haze" everywhere, I thought they were very pretty at first but in perhaps an artificial way (wasn't sure if the lips were real or not but I thought they were too perfectly shaped/plump) and when I googled them, the 'before and after' was recommended and... :mellow:

I find their 'change' probably the most fascinating I've seen in both real life and the celebrity world.. and not necessarily in a good way (or bad way for that matter).. I'm not a twin so it's hard to know, let alone relate, to the idea of coming to a decision where you reject what you were born with and decide to completely change what makes you identifiable, all in the company of your sister, and name included (to a totally Western version of it). It's also a good case on the effects of different cultures and cities, coming from a background that values exclusivity over literally everything and with all the purchase power to access it (purchasing the right clothes and a respectable-sounding occupation for Paris, the right face and 5 different lighthearted-sounding occupations for LA..).

eta*figured this post is kind of pointless without visuals:
View attachment 1077227View attachment 1077229

View attachment 1077231View attachment 1077233
[instagram.com/simihaze]
You should see them now, different faces and all. 😂

so, exactly what we thought all the way back in 2010 - just rich kids play-acting as what we'd now call 'creatives'. Well, if they make it work, fair play to them, changed faces and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->