• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sophia Kokosalaki eyewear

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
sophia does sunglasses, wish i could locate some photos from this

The latest designer to cast her glance on the eyewear market is Sophia Kokosalaki, who just unveiled her debut collection of glasses and shades.

The Greek-born designer created her premiere Spring/Summer 2006 Sophia Kokosalaki collection of sunglasses together with Linda Farrow Vintage, the fashion forward London based label.

Available in three styles, all made of Mazzucchelli plastic, and in punchy colors like clear red, translucent teal or translucent violet, grey and brown horn or black, Kokosalaki’s shades pack plenty of sass. A pure tortoise shell style will be sold exclusively at Linda Farrow Galleries, though all models are handmade.

Arguably, the most important talent to have emerged from London in this Millennium, Kokosalaki is know for her poetic fashion, goddess silhouettes and innovative cutting. Like her mode, her shades blend modern novelty and sophistication.

Sophia, who lives in London, where she studied at Central Saint Martins, presented her runway collections in the UK capital between 1998 and 2004. Since October 2004, she has staged her runway shows in Paris.

In 2003, Sophia won the ‘New Generation Designer’ award at the British Style Awards, and the following year she designed the costumes for the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Athens.

Linda Farrow and her optician husband founded Linda Farrow Vintage in 1970. Together they designed and produced their own collections, as well as others including Gregory Peck and Sterling Moss eyewear. In 2003, Linda Farrow Vintage was relaunched by Simon Jablon, Linda Farrow’s son and the company’s Creative Director.

Today, Linda Farrow Vintage has more than 2000 different styles. In February 2005, the brand launched the Linda Farrow Gallery at Harrods London, where exclusive creations by contemporary fashion designers are housed. The company plans to follow this up with a similar concept in Printemps on the second floor of the Paris mega store.

Consumers can get their paws of Kokosalaki’s eyewear from February next year, available at Linda Farrow Galleries and select stores. Though widely admired for styling and choice of partners, Linda Farrow has a far more limited distribution than major Italian manufacturers like Luxottica or Safilo. According to Linda Farrow Vintage’s own website, her signature label is available in 150 stockists worldwide, whereas mega labels from the peninsula often retail in several thousand outlets.
from fwd :flower:

i wanna see some pics!! this is a brilliant idea, i guess.

same here , i need some pics of sophia's sunglasses.. if someone gets hold of them, please do post.. :cry:

Sounds great, I think she could do really good eye wear and I love Linda Farrow.

wow, she is my favourite "most underrated designer" i am glad to hear she is expanding!!!

It's nice to see Sophia is cleverly collaborating with somebody not so massive. Eyewear is probably the most mainstream accessory of all designer goods....so I like that she chose somebody with a more limited approach.

When is she going to do a fragrance though?! I remember in V magazine back in 2000 designers concocted fake scents and I remember loving her composition....the smell of leather,clean hair and her woolen coat when she was 12. But this is what got me mostly....the packaging would be a soft leather container which would interact with the scent of the fragrance. I hope she actually does that....maybe Colette will work with her like the limited edition scents they did with Bless,Chalayan and As Four.

Sorry for going off-topic...I just had to mention that since she seems to be branching out a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->