Teen People Magazine Shuttered
By Sara James

Memo Pad: Identity Theft ... Dance Partners
Reebok's Celebrity Cast
Memo Pad: Journal's Fashion Entry ... Running For Cover

Exclusive: Time Inc.'s Isolde Motley Leaving Company
Time Announces Rick Stengel For Managing Editor Post
WWDExclusive: Cooper To Join Portfolio Magazine
NEW YORK - Time Inc. announced on Tuesday that it would fold Teen People magazine. The company is opting to continue the brand as a Web site only, much like Hachette Filipacchi did with Ellegirl in April. Time Inc.'s statement follows:

"We regret to inform you that we are suspending publication of Teen People magazine, effective with the September 2006 issue. We will continue to invest in the brand through TeenPeople.com which shows promise and growth. Teen People’s groundbreaking launch in 1998 as a magazine and website was an industry first, and one that we remain proud of.

"This decision was a difficult one because of the hard work of the magazine’s talented staff and the support of its many loyal readers. We are taking immediate steps to place as many Teen People magazine employees as possible within Time Inc. "

wwd.com

Anyone think there might be a clock ticking on other Teen Mags?

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think CosmoGirl! will probably be next. Seventeen and Teen Vogue should be able to hold on though. Even though Seventeen is crap, it's been around forever. It would be like shutting down Vogue. And Teen Vogue has a pretty strong following.

I'm not surprised. Anyways, I never saw much in anything of Teen Vogue.

Seventeen should GO! But I think I heard it's the #1 best selling teen mag of them all. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->