The Crown (Netflix Series)

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Surely I cannot be the only forum member here on tFS who is absolutely OBSESSED with The Crown. I've binge-watched season five since it was released on Netflix last week, and have watched the previous seasons more than once.

What has been everyone's thoughts of the new season and the new casting?

I've watched five episodes so far and I'm not that impressed. A good looking Prince Charles and a super tall Diana don't sound good to me. Imelda is very precious, though.

to be fair, real life Diana was a tall woman (5'10" or 5'11" iirc) so I don't fault that, it's just that Debicki is VERY tall for a woman. I just started Season 5, not sure if I'll continue.

I did have a bit of an eyeroll moment in season 4 when they had those incredibly cheesy situations like Charles and Diana's first meeting with her dressed in some kind of elf costume.

This is one of the shows that looked "meh" to me from afar, but I was very, very pleasantly surprised by it once I gave it a shot. Heavy drama with a witty screenplay. Plus, they share so many intricate details about the royal family that I wondered how did they get away with this lol.
I rate it as a very strong 8/10!

I haven't seen the new season but the first 2 were superb :okhand: Claire Foy was the perfect Queen. Josh O'Connor did a great job playing Charles. Really humanized him. In real life, Diana was a very manipulative person. People tend to forget that.

Teasers and trailer for season six, part one coming to Netflix on November 16th and part two on December 14th:

The full trailer for Part 1... dropping November 16:

Guess who's sobbing and shocked by Diana's death :rofllaughing:.. these actors are so good I was totally tripping for a bit thinking 'ok, it's just about getting through this night and then she's in London and she won't die'.

Some bits got a little too fictional, like the phone call to Dodi's father, the last call with the boys (when according to Harry, they were more like 'not now, try calling back later!', which is more heart-breaking), the post-mortem conversation between Diana and Charles.. the episode is only one hour, why fill it up with junk when the story is tragic enough..

Also not a fan of what feels like a pro-Charles campaign. Hell no. Absolutely not. Nothing wrong with humanizing him, that was never a problem, being a mundane human was his whole problem, but the screaming, the 'NOOO!', that scene in the middle of nowhere?! I'll only believe that he was that hurt because there was no way to match Diana's PR and celebrity now, everything else.. yeah right.

For some reason the second to last episode felt rushed, I know we needed to get there but it happened very fast. Also the ghost scenes of Diana with other characters were kind of cheesy.

I'm surprised this thread is only 1 page long.

Anyways, I'm just about finished w/ the last season. As far as likeness goes, they did a fantastic job at casting Elizabeth Debicki as Diana in the 90's, but Dominic West looks a smidge too old to play Charles from that era. Eh, pish-posh, apple-sauce.

My favorite character will always be Margaret Thatcher from season 4. She "slayed" that role, and definitely deserved any and all recognition for it. I love when her and her husband are at Balmoral w/ the royals, and they're both basically, like, "Get us the eff outta here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->